There are times when we can’t get out to the gym or having a gym membership just isn’t in the cards.Â Here are 10 exercises that can be done at home to give you a satisfying workout no matter the size of your home gym. You will need a few basic home gym necessities.
- Jump rope
Yes, you can get fancier, but you can start with the basics. Here are 10 exercises that can be done at home.
- Workout to an exercise DVD, most cable companies have an on-demand fitness channel — it can be cardio or strength based
- Leg exercises can be achieved by standing while holding on to the back of a chair or lying down on your side and lifting each leg for a number of repetitions.
- Work-at-home and sit for hours at the computer desk give this a try to keep the circulation flowing in your legs. Squeeze and release your quads (the front of your legs) 10 times, then 10 squeeze your tush 10 times repeat 10xs.
- Stretching exercises are essential.Â Stand with both hands against a wall and move your right leg back so that your foot is flat against the floor.Â Hold for a few seconds; then repeat with the left leg.
- Arm exercises are important to improve muscle tone.Â Use an exercise band and place both feet on one end and with each hand raise and lower the band; first with your palms up then down.
- Put on a CD and dance for about 20-30 minutes.Â This is a great cardiovascular workout. You’ll create your own Harlem Shake.
- Go to Target, Marshalls or TJ Maxx and pick up some 5 or 10 lbs. weights to exercise your arms.
- Incorporate old school cardio into your daily routine, jumping jacks, jumping rope and skipping nto that daily routine.
- Another great stretching exercise to perform is to lie on your back, bring up your right knee to your chest with your right hand and roll the knee to your left side so that it touches the floor.Â Keep it in place with your left hand.
There are many exercises available on DVD which can be incorporated using bands and other exercise equipment.Â Always stretch before starting any exercise routine to prevent injury.