They say the average holiday weight gain is 5-8 pounds. Don’t be shocked after the holidays if your pants to don’t fit!!
Here are a few tips that can help you to get through the holidays.
- Keep moving — make an appt in your calendar to workout at least 30 min 4-5 day/week . This time of year group fitness classes are awesome!
- Load up on veggies — veggies are filling so make sure you are eating them. Every party usually has a s veggie tray so make sure you grab some or volunteer to bring it.
- Give away leftovers — having a party’ Get some festive to go containers and offer your guest doggie bags — less for your to eat =)
- Follow the 80/20 rule! If you eat 80% on plan and workout you can enjoy treats within reason 20% of the time. Enjoy yourself, but set limits
- WATER!!! — don’t forget to drink. For every glass of alcohol have 1 glass of water.
- Get some sleep — I know you get busy running around, but without sleep you will more drawn toward the sugary treats to give you energy.
- Don’t stay near the food table — keep moving don’t just stand near the table and nibble!
- Have protein with every meal! This will help to keep you feeling full. PS — protein isn’t nuts or nut butters!
- Eat before you go — Before I go to any party or gathering I make sure I have a protein shake or bar.This way if there isn’t alot of food I’m not starving and tempted to eat quick fix foods.
- Willpower sucks! If you have holiday trigger foods don’t keep them in the house. You can’t expect that “willpower” will keep you from going head first in your favorite foods. just so you know I struggle with this. So I need to keep the egg nog out of the house!!! Now the have some many flavors that call my name it’s hard, but I keep pushing the cart right by!!! I will only have egg nog on Christmas day!!
Want 12 more tips delivered right to your inbox” Click here