This recent podcast was inspired by something I heard the coach of the Washington Football Team. When I heard him say it, I was like WOAH, I NEED to talk about this! So… Here we are!! Coach Ron Rivera came in as the new coach when there were a lot of changes taking place. The was changing its’ name, it had a toxic culture and the management felt like it was in need of a facelift. The reporter asked him, “There is so much change going on with the team, what made you step in to take this job as head coach?” And his response was amazing!
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
He said, “When it comes to change there are really 3 rules, it’s your attitude, your preparation and it’s your effort!” That is what will get you through a change and turbulent times. And sooo much of this can be carried over into your life when it comes to weight loss and trying to reach your health and fitness goals! I see the same people making the same mistakes over and over again because they are afraid of change! You do what feels comfortable. You do what feels certain for us even if you are certain you are not going to get the results you want!
How can you apply this statement to weight loss? These 3 things are powerful on their own but put them together and it’s insane!!!! Well.. You systemize them.
Let’s start with Attitude. So, by definition, attitude is a settled way of thinking or feeling. It is a framework, a point of view, a mental state. We all have an attitude, a point of view about weight loss, right? “Weight Loss is hard, you have to struggle, you have to give up this, it has to look like this, I should be doing that.” That is where our attitudes get us stuck… And this goes hand in hand with our mindset!
You hear a lot of talk about mindset so let’s unpack it! And we have 2 attitudes and 2 mindsets here. A Fixed mindset or a Growth mindset. Growth mindset sounds like, “Even though right now it feels sucky, I have the ability to get out of the suckiness.”
A Fixed mindset would sound like, “Nope this is how it’s supposed to be. It’s supposed to be hard and wallow in my own poop!”
When it comes to our attitudes around weight loss, many of us have this black and white thinking of this is how it is supposed to be. But I am here to tell you that there are shades of gray!! And I have seen this over my 15 years of doing this!! If it was black and white, my job would be so dang easy, but we all have those shades of gray! So many people stop when it doesn’t work and find something harder to continue to get the results. BUT instead, what you really should do, is you should let those setbacks fuel you VS. thinking it’s evidence you can’t get what you want! And if you use it as a process… you can ask yourself better questions as to why it’s not working. Because when you have a process, you can UNPACK what is going on under the hood!
Other places with our attitudes, we have to change who we are around. Who are you surrounded by? Negative Nancy’s? People telling you life has to be hard. Or are you surrounding yourself with people who are positive and telling you there are endless possibilities?!?!? Take time to laugh… You have to laugh in life! Laughing is one of my favorite things, seriously!! This will help you change your attitude! That is why I married my husband!!!! He makes me laugh!! And I have to laugh at myself constantly!! Life would just be hard if I didn’t!!
With your attitude. You need to know where you are going. The human condition wants certainty. How can I be certain if I don’t know where I am going? We need to know where I WANT TO GO. When I get to my goal, this is what I am looking for. That is your motivation!! When you do this, it gives you your why! Simon Sinek talks about this all the time, about our why! WHY… is why people do things the way they do? Have a why behind why you want to lose weight! Why do you want to get up out of bed in the morning to get you closer to where you want to be?
Then you need to set Realistic goals. Set realistic goals to have a good attitude! Are these goals aggressive or nonaggressive? Create realistic expectations vs saying, I SHOULD BE DOING all of these other things. “Start where you are, use what you can with what you got.” -Arthur Ashe Where are you? Take an assessment and go from there!
Next, we NEED preparation! We need to be prepared! This is creating a plan in my mind! The plan is, what is the process you are going to use? We set this goal, but no one says, what are we looking to achieve by doing this goal? What is your reason? What is the process? Take time to figure out what the actual steps you are going to take and focus on. These little, small steps will start to add up and this is when we start to see our results.
What is your path, what is your plan? Start thinking about what is going to be the process with movement and working out and the same thing can be said about food.
You have to have a 24-hour plan, minimum. Some can plan the whole week. But at least 24 hours! The plan for me is I know what is in my fridge so when It comes to making things, I know what veggies, etc. I can decide on the fly to eat, plus I always have all the salad fixings I need or I will double cook dinner so I have leftovers!
Finally, we have Effort! Effort is a big nebulous word… By definition, effort is a vigorous or determined attempt. This is you doing the work…. Many people think it’s about hustling, grinding, crawling through glass. But what effort really is, is a mindset shift!
Effort is a vigorous attempt to change your mindset! If I think it’s going to be hard, it may take a bit to flip the switch. When we get to his effort piece, we can feel trapped and just know I need to make a change. It needs to be different. Here is where you say to yourself that you can make a change and yes not every day is going to be an amazing day, but this is something you can learn from your setbacks.
What are the obstacles that trip you up and have a Plan B. This is where the subject of Good, Better, Best comes into play when you go through the work every day. If you don’t have a perfect day, it’s ok! It’s life. You can start to absorb and shift and be like, “Ok, it’s not going to knock me down!” With effort and the process, how do I create the success plan so if a plan gets missed, you can see why something isn’t working? Then we can figure out why things aren’t working for you because we can look through this plan you have!
Find a community that is supportive. Find people that lift you up, VS pushing you down! In my Fit Girl Magic Facebook Group, that is our support group! We talk about stuff, we have good days and bad days just like any normal person, but we keep on moving forward and helping one another.
Find what motivates you! Are you motivated by a reward or a punishment? By figuring this out, it will help you to decide what is your incentive to take a day action. Rewards or punishment? Decide what works best for you! What matters most is you make the effort to become the best version of yourself. You have to do the work yourself… But I am to help you understand where you are right now and then we focus on what we need to do! That is what a coach does, we point out your blind spots, so you don’t always feel like you are on the struggle bus!
The goal for us is to be 80% consistent!! You can’t be 100% all the time because you have to have a little fun in your diet! And also, focus on the task at hand. What is your immediate goal? What is going on in the next 90 days?
This requires us to shift from being a desperate dieter going from plan to plan, program to program, to being a freedom fighter. To be able to say, “You know what, I deserve to have freedom in my diet, I deserve to have freedom in my life.” What if we applied Ron Rivera’s thoughts to weight loss and change? Imagine it’s attitude, preparation and effort? What if you just started taking one of those steps right now to move forward? What would that look like for you? For your health?
And if that is something that you want to bring into your life, it has to be different, you have to try something differently. So, I invite you to join me in the Reboot Perfection masterclass, and let’s start celebrating all of this! This mindset shift of this amazingness that we go through so that I’m no longer dieting, and that is our end goal!
I want you to shout this from the rooftops!
“I am no longer dieting. I am just eating to live a healthier lifestyle! !’m rebooting my thinking around what I should do. And I’m focused on what’s possible. That way I have predictable circumstances that are created by me! No external force to tell me yes or no!”
The journey to effortless weight loss starts here! This is possible to reboot your mind and refocus yourself so you can become that freedom fighter and you can finally say, I DON’T DIET!
I am so excited for you to get started and move away from dieting!! Let’s do this together!! So, what is one take away from this? Drop it in the comments or find me on the socials and let me know!!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kimbarnesjeffersoncoach
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/