- Diets don’t work. You need to make this a lifestyle
- Don’t restrict your foods. the more restrict the more you will want and then you will just lose in binging.
- Just it a try. Weight loss can be a little bit like russian roulette. You don’t know what will work for your body until you give it a try.
- Stop counting calories. Your body has no idea what a calorie anymore than it knows what a mile is. Just like a mile a calorie is a unit of measure. Calories don’t cause you to gain or lose weight. it’s that TYPES of foods you choose to fuel your body is what cause you weight gain or lose
- Stop the dieting rules. when I was competing I was so strict. There were so many rules around my food and my workouts. Now instead of rules I focus on good, better and best. In any given situation I determine — what’s a good choice, the better choice and what’s the best choice. This shuts down the guilt and silences the food referee.
Here’s a bonus for you — it’s okay to take a 1-2 rest days/week. It’s in the rest days that our bodies give us the gains that we are seeking.
My following these lessons I’ve been able to go from this hard core fitness competing mentality to a lifestyle where I’m happy with the workouts that I do and I’m happy with the food choices that I make. I’m not longer mentally torturing myself with that internal battle of why am I eating this, I know that I will need to go to the gym to work it off or instead of being present with my family and friends my mind is like I should be at the gym.
If you are a former/current bikini competitor I would love to hear your feedback. Just leave me a comment below.
I will be starting up my Lean & Sexy program at the beginning of January. It’s in this program I break down my rules and share with you how to make this work for you. For more information click here.