This weekend I caught my 1st hopefully last cold of the year! I can trace this cold back to getting run down, I have been burning the candle at both ends and skimping on my sleep. Guess what it caught up with me! Here are 5 natural immune system boosters in case you’re someone is also burning the candle at both ends.
- Eat more mushrooms and green leafy veggies. Research shows that increases your white blood cells (germ fighters) and potentially makes these white blood cells more resistant to cold/flu bacteria.
- Be social. Having people to turn to during times of stress, reduces your chances of internalizing stress and breaking down your immune system.
- Chicken soup. No one’s quite sure how chicken soup helps, its either the raising steam from the soup that opens your nasal passages or the hot liquid soothes your throat.
- Add lemon. Lemons increase the PH acidity in your body making it a less hospitable environment for cold and flu germs to grow.
- Rest. Get a good night sleep. Your body needs it. Sleep restores your body’s hormonal balance and recharges your batteries.Â Studies show that people who don’t get at least 6-10 hours of sleep will be 3xs more likely to catch a cold.
So, take care of yourself, the holidays are fast approaching and blowing your nose at the dinner table is frowned upon. If you have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them, just write them in the comments below.