I’ve been able to achieve much in my life because of my confidence. One thing that really gets me fired up is when I don’t see women stepping up and claiming what they want.
I see them getting overwhelmed by too many choices and not knowing which direction to turn or not having confidence in themselves about just going for it. Several years ago when I looking to make a big career shift it was recommended to me to read the book, Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway. That book has helped me so much. Anytime I feel the butterflies in my stomach when I’m trying something new, I take a deep breath and just go for it.
Self-confidence helps us believe that we can handle whatever task or challenge comes our way. Who couldn’t use a little more of that. With all that is going in life it’s so easy to get bogged down with reading and gathering information. Raise your hand if you’ve been guilty of this, too busy planning, and feeling the fear that it wouldn’t be perfect to take action. Yes, planning is important, but if you fail to implement your plan, you won’t see results, no matter how perfect the plan is.
Wanna boost your confidence?? Give these 6 things a try.
- Get specific. Let me ask you on a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that you can tie your shoes drive a car or brush your teeth? You said 10 right??
- Now let’s take a look at some situations where you’d like to feel more self-confident. Let’s make a list. Some examples might include dating situations, public speaking, meeting new people, being more assertive at work, or getting and staying fit. .
- Build YOUR self-confidence definition Find a time when you have at least 20 minutes and journal down about a half-page of notes regarding the specific situation where you wish you had more self-confidence. How would you act? How would you look to others? How would you feel? Think about your body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, and breathing. I want you to feel this in your body. Lisa Nichols talks about how she use to visual sniffing Oprah Winfrey’s couch when she was writing her section of the book, The Secret. When did appear on the show she was frustrated because they weren’t sitting on her couch so she couldn’t smell the leather.
- Make sure you define and understand what self-confidence looks like to you. When you can describe what you confidence to FEEL like for you. Each person have a different definition.
- Hindsight is 20/20. Close your eyes and imagine that you’ve already been through the situation your desire. Now visualize yourself being incredibly self-confident. Put in as much detail as possible. Really take the time to feel this!! I know it sounds a little hairy fairy, but when you get the feeling that you have achieved this it will shift your brain to help know what achievement feels like. Seriously, See yourself acting in accordance with the definition that you’ve listed in the previous step.
- Do this visualization at least once a day until it’s 100% believable to you. The best time to do this is, first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed. This is when you brain is more likely to receive it. Then when you face the situation that you want have more confidence in, give it a try. Ladies, it’s not about perfection. The focus should be on your personal growth testing yourself so that you can grow into this new found confidence..
- Get physical. I’m a huge believer in change your body change your mind. Attempt to sit, walk, talk, and act like a confident person. Intentionally try to take on the physical characteristics of someone that’s brimming with self-confidence. Smile and stand up straight. Use good eye contact.
- Before you realize it, this will become a habit. Your current physicality is merely a poor habit. Form a new, positive habit of using confident body language.
- Stretch yourself. Come up with a list of activities that will stretch your confidence muscles. It can be little tasks that you find slightly uncomfortable. It could be standing in the front of the room in your kickboxing class; maybe it’s starting a conversation with a stranger. As these little challenge become more comfortable, you can concentrate on more difficult tasks.
- Building self-confidence requires action. Take some time each day to work on your self-confidence. There are few things that will have a greater positive impact on your life than increasing the level of confidence you have in yourself.
Create an action plan and stick to it. Self-confidence can be very easy to build if you make the effort. A little work can result in huge rewards. Would you love a little help to get you going?? Would you like to feel free and confident in your body?? Will you give it 5 days??