Typically when some thinks about losing weight the first thing that comes to mind is loss. What am I going to have to give up. Either forever OR temporarily. For some they can dive into the deep end of the pool with a rock tied to them, where others need to wade into the pool. I’m the deep end of the pool kind of person, but I know that some of my clients may be waders so I meet them where they are. With the summer months fast approaching some of you are looking into your closets and taking a deep sigh and hoping that all your cute summer dress and shorts will fit. Here in the Northeast it’s been a long hard winter so we’ve may have had a few comfort meals to warm us up after the brutal cold and snow. So.. let’s get down to business.. Here are 7 ways to lose weight fast. Don’t worry you won’t having maple syrup and lemon juice for days on end.
- Make your food taste incredible. Most think diet foods are boring and bland — they don’t have to be. You can instantly mix up any food just by changing up the spices you use. I like to use fresh herbs or freeze dried herbs. I’m a sucker for Asian and Indian spices. Challenge yourself this week — head out and buy a spice you have never used before. I also like to add in different broths to bump up the flavor of my food.
- Commit to moving. I’m not saying it needs to be an one hour sweat fest at the gym. Start with simple things. Take the stairs everywhere you go. Park at the last spot in the parking lot. Turn on the radio and dance while you are cooking dinner. Now that it’s warmer out instead of meeting a friend for coffee why not hook up for a walk to catchup. When I worked in corporate I used to go to the bathroom on the opposite side of the building just to move. I just purchased a Fitbit and it’s VERY telling. I can now feel the days that I’m more active and not active.
- Say good bye to deep fried foods. They don’t really serve any purpose and most times it’s the fat that makes us think the food tastes really good.
- Get smart about your food substitutions. This list is amazing!! There are so many swaps you can make — it’s my bible. The only thing I caution read the recipe thoroughly sometimes will frown on subs and it will throw off the texture of the finished product.
- Mix up how you cook. I had a real issue with green veggies after I competed (just ate too many of them, story for another day). I know how good they are for you and I never I just had to get over it! I did two things – 1. I roasted my veggies in the oven. Tossed a little olive oil, some kosher salt, crushed red pepper, garlic and shallots and put in the oven on 400 for 40 minutes. The second thing I did was puree my veggies. I would roast them and then puree them with a little water and chicken broth — if you are veggie or vegan you can use veggie broth. If I wanted to turn it into a soup I just added more water and broth. Want to increase the protein add in some tofu — I use the silken kind.
- Limited Edition Foods. You are probably like what the heck are those. I’m talking butter, bacon, sour cream. Are you picking up what I’m putting down” I’m not saying don’t have them, but they aren’t an every day occurrence. They will make special appearance in your diet. You’ll budget for it. Does that make sense”
- Eat more!! When I first start working with clients 80% of the time they are doing the under eating over eat thing. What I mean by this is. You don’t eat during the day or you nibble! Then you get home and strap on the feedback and eat everything in sight because you haven’t eaten all day. Eat every 2-3 hours. This will stop that under eat over eat thing. Check out the article to see the best way to structure your meals.
Want more healthy lifestyle tips’ Check my 29 healthy lifestyle tips.
I hope found this list helpful. If you think this list isn’t easy to implement I would love to hear what you have to say. I’m always trying to find ways to make living a healthy lifestyle more approachable.