The first thing most people do when then are going on a diet is to the think of all the negatives. The foods you can’t have and because you’ve said you can’t have them guess what Yup, we want them sooo bad!!! ””
Guess what, you can eat ice cream and other tasty treats while you’re trying to lose weight.”” I know this is a hard concept to grasp but harsh diets do more harm than good, which is why being lenient with yourself is the most effective thing you can do. Dieting can be a real struggle, but there’s a secret not many people know: losing weight doesn’t have to be hard.
Yes I said it out loud!!! Really! In fact, weight loss can be downright easy and even fun when you find the right way to do it. Lean in.
- Downsize: One of the most common problems with diets is that you’re eating too much and don’t even realize it. By simply cutting down your portion sizes, you can begin to lose weight right away. There are a few ways to do this:
- When you eat focus on how you feel after the meal. Do you feel full, do you feel hungry, – its like Goldilocks you want to feel just right.
- Meals can be 3-5 it really depends on how you feel. You want them to be meal. Not shoving a handful of nuts in your mouth. If you are shoveling nuts in by the handful then guess what you aren’t eating enough at your meals.
- drink plenty of water between meals to stay hydrated and it will help cut your appetite
- Practice Moderation: Crash diets are just has harmful as eating nothing but junk food. Instead of cutting out sweets and snacks completely, keep them in your diet but eat them less frequently. For example, if you enjoy having chocolate, your daily routine can include three healthy meals, 30 minutes of exercise, and a handful of chocolate chips, a cup of hot cocoa or a square of dark chocolate. Consider these pre-emptive treats these keep you from going heard first into a pint of ice cream or what ever your weakness is.,
- Get Enough Sleep: If you’ve been ready my stuff for a while you know how I feel about this. While you sleep, your body undergoes a rejuvenation process. Wounds are healed, cells are created, and you regain strength. Getting enough sleep helps you get the results that you are dying for.
- Drink Plenty of Water: You know this, but I gotta repeat it, water does a body good! I’m not encouraging you to replace a meal with water, however you should drink water in between meals to cut your appetite. Sometimes you feel hungry you are really thirsty. . By drinking water you’ll quickly determine which one you are.
- Eat High Protein Meals: Protein is necessary for providing the body with energy as well as keeping it full. High protein meals and snacks give you a steady flow of energy that staves off hunger and keeps your feeling alert and strong. Foods like eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and lean meats are packed with protein, so add them to your meal to keep energy up and your hunger down. Before you ask cheese is not protein is a fat the same as nuts they are fat, NOT protein.
- Lower Stress: Stress is one of the leading causes of weight gain and inflammation. The weight gained when we are stressed can be toxic to the body and hard to lose. Instead of dealing with stress weight, give a preemptive strike but working to lower stress all together. Practice self care, take walks, hang out with friends, baths, or just do things that you enjoy in the midst of a hectic day. When you’re less stressed, it’ll be easier to lose weight and keep it off.
- Exercise: This doesn’t mean balls to the wall, push yourself til you’re a sweaty mess exercise it means simple things like going for a walk, taking a Zumba class or go for a swim. Anything to get your heart rate up and your body moving will aid in weight loss.
- Eat: I know I’m preaching to the choir on this one. But less is not more when it comes to eating. Not eating enough for your activity level can lead to a dangerous tailspin for your health. Instead of starving yourself or engaging in long fasts, go ahead and eat. Your body needs fuel and energy to burn when you exercise and go about your day, and eating gives it something to burn.
- Try New Things: Don’t get locked into the idea that weight loss means you’re doomed to a life of salads and grains. Healthy foods can be delicious and you only need to be a little adventurous to discover this. Do some research on healthy recipes to recipes that you like. This is the only way you are going to survive. When you eat the same thing over and over again you get bored. When you get bored you’re more likely to be tempted and fall back into old habits. I’m a sucker for PInterest it’s my recipe go to. Instead of seeing a diet as a restriction, treat it as an opportunity.
If you are tried of always pressing the reboot button, grab my FREE success series #fatloss fundamentals. Grab it right here