Whenever I bring up the topic of water and hydration, people are like OMG, I know, I know I need to drink more water!Â And I always get the same excuses, it makes me pee too much, it doesnâ€™t taste good, it doesnâ€™t taste like a margarita, it doesnâ€™t taste like my coffee!Â I know I totally get that! I love my coffee too, but we NEED TO DRINK WATER, WATER IS LIFE!!Â Like you literally need water to liveâ€¦.Â Fun Fact, a human can go without food for about three weeks but would typically only last three to four days without water. You need water to live!Â
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
But ultimately, the main reasons people tell me they donâ€™t drink water is that they donâ€™t have TIME TO DRINK WATER.Â And that has been me before, I will be sitting at my desk and my water is right next to me and I forget to reach over and grab my water.Â And IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!Â We need that water people, and your body will tell you when you need more of it!
How Do You Know You Are NOT Doing Okay With Your Water??
- Constipation is a HUGE indicator of not getting enough water.
- If you arenâ€™t pooping, you are dehydrated! Water is what keeps everything else going in your body.
- You also could be pooping but it is not a fullâ€¦. Poopâ€¦ (Check out the Bristol Stool Chart to see what your poop is supposed to look like, and it goes full into detail about your poop!)
- Heartburn is another indicator. When your digestive juices in your stomach are flaring up, they come right up your esophagus. And when this happens, it comes into your throat because it doesnâ€™t have enough water in there to dilute the hydrochloric acids that are in your stomach. If you wake up in the morning with heartburn, this is also a sign of dehydration.
- Got salt cravings!? Salt is what our body uses to help absorb hydration. When you donâ€™t have enough water, your body starts to crave the salt!
- Dry Itchy Skin (and not just because you wash your hands too muchðŸ˜‰..) on all parts of your body.Â Tell sign that you are not getting enough water. Take a look at your skin and girl, use lotion, they are your friends!Â Water helps our skin not only stay hydrated, but also helps with ageing!! Your SKIN is the first thing to show your age!! So, if you donâ€™t want to look your age, drink your water!!!
- When you first wake up in the morning, I want you to look at your pee and see what color it is. Is it dark yellow? All pee should look like lemonade. If it is dark yellow, chances are you did not drink enough water the day before!
- If you wake up with a headache, sometimes means you didnâ€™t drink enough water the day before as well.
And trust me guys, this happens to me too!! I am never going to be that fitness person that stands on a pillar with a cape and tells you to listen to everything I say.Â I got my stuff too! WE all have our stuff! I am not picture perfect!! I share with you my worst because I want you to break free of this fantasy that you are going to climb this hydration mountain and all things are going to be cured!Â That just ainâ€™t gonna happen, girl!
Drinking enough water throughout your day comes from habit.Â It comes from cues and triggers throughout the day that reminds you to drink.Â Â Are you going about your day doing certain things that you can also drink water while you are doing?Â Can you carry a water bottle around with you?Â See how you can fit getting extra water in throughout your day so that you can ensure you are drinking enough.
How much do you have to drink each day?
The old adage was 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water a day.Â But a good benchmark is to take your weight, half it, and then drink that much water in ounces. So if your weight is 100 pounds, you need 50 ounces of water a day, which is a little over 6 glasses of water daily.Â To make it easy, grab a 24 or 32 ounce water jug and measure your ounces that way.Â You can also download an app on your phone to track your water.Â MyFitnessPal tracks water, and so does Water Log.Â And set a reminder reminding you to drink X amount of ounces by certain times in the day.
Now some of us live in really hot places, especially in the summer, and working out in these hotter conditions does happen and you can get dehydrated easier.Â When you hit those dehydration levels, I want you to think about a drought. Places where the earth is soooo dry that there are cracks running through it! That is dehydration! The same thing can happen to you! When that does, I want you to focus in on getting your body electrolytes.
Electrolytes are minerals in your body that have an electric charge. They are in your blood, urine, tissues, and other body fluids. Electrolytes are important because they help to balance the amount of water in your body, balance your body’s acid/base (pH) level, move nutrients into your cells, move wastes out of your cells and they Make sure that your nerves, muscles, the heart, and the brain work the way they should.Â Getting electrolytes are another way to really take all the moisture and bring it into your body in a quick way.Â (think Gatorade.Â It is a way to keep you going without maxing out)Â Â They help your body to take in more water, so when you exercise and work out in humidity or really hot heat, or just doing a long workout, electrolytes will help to keep you hydrated and going.
Getting extra electrolytes into your body is really easy and super important.Â Here are some tips and tricks to help get electrolytes: (without drinking products that contain artificial ingredients and colors.)
- Kick-off your day by adding a little Himalayan sea salt into your water. (Himalayan sea salt has shown to have the same natural electrolyte properties.)Â But donâ€™t put in so much you are drinking saltwater, it is really just a sprinkle of it.
- Put lemons in your water and put it in a big jug in the fridge so that you can drink that water all day. Lemon is a great way to help get natural electrolytes into your body.
- Chia seeds are also great as well. You donâ€™t have to drink the chia seeds because they get weird and chewy but put them into a small satchel that you would use for homemade tea to add into your water jug for the day.
SOOO many people say, â€œI just donâ€™t have any time in my day to drink waterâ€¦â€Â And one of the best ways to start is by making a habit of it.Â Like I said above, start adding water to things you do throughout your day.Â Â For me, I have to have a glass of water in the morning before I even allow myself to have my coffee.Â Then I have to drink another glass of water before my 2nd cup of coffee.Â Then I drink in the morning while I work out, so by the end of the morning, I am already down 32 ounces.Â You can make the time to do it!
But if you are one of those people that just do not like the taste of water, or it doesnâ€™t taste like anything so you hate to drink it, then here are some things to help get you hydrated throughout the day while getting your water in!:
- Coconut water
- There is chloric in it which is my big challenge. You can sprinkle it in with regular water to give it some taste too!
- Hint Water
- This is just a fruit and vegetable infused water. If you donâ€™t want to do it yourself, you can buy it already done. Otherwise, throw some fruits and vegetables and herbs in your water jug for the day!
- Green tea
- Take some green tea, brew it and drink it all day long!
- I am tea junkie! I love iced tea, so this is one that I really love.
- Essential oils are also good in the water.
- There are a number of different blends that you can put into it. Citrus and basil, lemon and basil, grapefruit and rosemary.
- But before you do this, make sure youâ€™re buying quality essential oils before you are ingesting them. I did a show a few weeks ago so take a listen if youâ€™re curious?
- Fruits and Vegetables are good ways to get extra hydration!
- Water-based fruits and vegetables are amazing!
- Watermelon, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, melons, blueberries, grapefruit.
- Great for getting in that quality water for you and your getting in important vitamins and minerals and nutrients into your body at the same time.
- Oranges and cinnamon sticks in your water!!
- DIY Electrolyte drink
- Sea Salt
- Simple drink especially if in a high humidity, high heat environment
- Amped Hydrate is great too. This is one of the products I use for my electrolytes.
- It is all-natural
- No high fructose corn syrup at all.
- And comes in flavors like coconut, lemon-lime, orange and blue raspberry.
Try out some of these things and see if it helps to get more water into your day!Â And go and grab a big 32 ounce or more water bottle, make it pretty with stickers or get some graphics printed on it and carry it around all day long with you!Â Make drinking water exciting!!
I hope some of this information was helpful for you guys!Â Let me know what you think and what are some of your tips and tricks for getting enough water into your day! I want to know your thoughts on Hydration magic makers, so leave a comment below or find me over on social and let me know!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/