This magic makers is my 99th episode and I have to pinch myself constantly to make sure it is real! Now this would have NEVER been a reality had I not gotten out of my own way. If I did not take the leap of faith, and ignore all of the voices in my head, I wouldn’t be here right now recording my 99th freaking podcast! This was my dream, and I made that dream come true. But it wasn’t easy. This podcast nagged at me for soooo long, 5 years and I had to just rip off the band aid and get it going!
- Is Sugar A Really Big Deal? | 191
- Are you looking to master self-discipline? |190
- What You Ought To Know About Hypnosis|189
- 10 Weight Loss Mistakes Over 40 You Are Making| 188
- Are you ready to make consistent progress towards your goals| 187
- Are you looking to improve your brain fog? | 186
- The Secrets To Practical Stress Management |185
- The secret to weight loss success stop trying to be perfect|184
- 7 Ways To Build Self Discipline|183
- Discover The Secret To Setting Strong Boundaries|182
- How to Handle Adrenal Fatigue| 180
- Are You Ready To Beat Stress and Overwhelm in 2023?| 181
- Are You Making These Weight Loss Mistakes| 179
- How to Fall In Love With Your Over 40 Body| 178
- Do You Need A Health Reset?| 177
- Simple Mindset Tactics That Help You Lose Weight |176
- 3 Reasons Why You Feel Stuck| 175
- Using Math to Overcome Overeating| 174
- How To Avoid Diet Boredom| 173
- How To Evolve Your Fitness Through The Years|172
- Cracking The Belly Fat Code||1104
- Belly Fat Code Overview| 171
- Hallmark Movies and Dieting?: What do they have in Common| 1028
- Are You Ready To Beat Your All Or Nothing Mindset? | 170
- Fat Loss VS Weight Loss: What's The Difference?|021
- How I Improved My Menopause Story| 167
- Hidden Toxins In Our Bodies Mystery Revealed|168
- What Every Women Should Know About Menopause|167
- Menopause Myths Part 2| 0930
- Do You Want To Know More About Macros| 166
- 8 Common Myths About Menopause Part 1
- What Causes Belly Fat In Women Over 40?|
- What Women Over 40 Ought to Know About Protein| 0916
- Are You Ready To Give Up The Busy Badge? |164
- Do you Want to Know About Unexplained Weight |0909
- 3 Reasons to Stop Trying To Do Everything| 163
- Are You Ready To Let Go Of Control? ||0903
- Do You Need To Press LIfe's Pause Button|162
- What exactly is healthy aging? |161
- Powerlifting It's Easy If You Do It Smart||160
- Are You Ready To Survive The Dog Days Of Summer||0812
- Are You Ready To Find The Courage To Change |159
- Three Powerful Tips for Women Over 40 Who Want to Make a Change| 0805
- Do you want to break from diet culture| 158
- 6 Nutritional Myths That Must Die| 0729
- What is Accountability and Why Do You Need It Show |156
- 3 Simple Steps to Becoming More Consistent, Over 40|011
- What is Accountability and Why Do You Need It| 156
- Fitness Lessons I've Learned Over the Years
- How To Avoid The Shame Spiral and Make Peace With Your Body| 155
- What To Do When You Fall Off The Diet Wagon|0708
- 6 Steps To Making A Change In Your Health| 154
- How Long Does It Take To Get Fit?|0701
- Client Testimonial: Thank you for teaching me balance|153
- Are You Working On Your Mindset| 0624
- Do You Know What Brings You Joy?|152
- How Do You Know What To Eat? |6
- How to focus on the little things and get results| 151
- Why Women Over 40 Need To Strength Train| 5
- You Are Enough| 150
- Stress Free Summer Masterclass
- Making Time for Self-Care (Even if you’re Super-Busy
- What To Do When Your Diet Stops Working| 149
- Want To Lose Weight? Manage Your Stress | 0527
- How To Have A Stress Free Summer| 148
- Sleeping the 1st big rock
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Weight | 147
- Are you ready to break up with your diet mindset? |146
- The 4 Steps To Consistency Over 40 | 0506
- 5 tips to get ready for summer over 40| 145
- Consistency Is King Over 40 | 0429
- Why you need mobility and strength| 144
- You Can't Always Be On A Diet | 0422
- Why Are You Really Dieting? | 143
- You Can't Do It On Your Own| 0415
- How To Stop Letting Self Doubt Hold You Back|142
- Stop Trying to Be 30 | 141
- Stop Trying To Be 30 | 5
- The 4 Ms Method | 0327
- The Power of Movement | 0324
- How Exercise Effects Your Metabolism| 0327
- Katie Veazie Strength Training Builds Confidence | 140
- Are You Working Out Too Much? | 4
- Is Self Care Bull Sh*t? | 139
- You don't have to spend hours in the gym to see results! | 2
- Creating A Sustainable Healthy Life Over 40 | 138
- I Must Workout Hard To Get Results
- Workouts Don't Need To Crush You Kim| 137
- Why Do I Feel So Behind
- The Secrets To Getting Better Results With A Coach| 136
- Client Testimonial: The Power of Mindset| 135
- The Power Of A Flexible Metabolism| 134
- How to make exercise a habit Kim | 133
- How To Reset Your Wellness| 132
- Client Testimonial: How To Trust Your Journey| 131
- What Makes A Great Fitness Coach| 130
- Are You Ready To Stop Making These Nutrition Mistakes? |129
- The 10 Fitness Mistakes You are Making| 128
- Client Testimonial: I finally had a weight loss strategy|127
- It's possible to have balance in life| 126
- 6 keys to struggle free weight loss| 125
- How To Find Your Blind Spots |124
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Can’t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and What To Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
And here we are you guys!!
Now I mention this podcast journey because it is a huge example of how I got in my way for so long. I constantly told myself I needed to have all of these things to start and it had to be perfect in order to take that first step. But I am here to tell you it does not have to be! Get over this self-preservation mindset, get over your fear of failure, and just go for it because you don’t know what that dream will become if you don’t take the first step forward.
This isn’t just for business, or in your career, this is also with your health.
IT’S TIME TO STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP FOR WHERE YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE WITH YOUR HEALTH! You haven’t failed. You just haven’t done all the things you need to do to be successful. And I am not saying this so you can beat yourself up. I am saying this because there are so many things in our lives that stop us from doing the things we want. Stop us from moving forward with something. Kids, aging parents, life is crazy, work is crazy, there is always something for us to get stuck with. Stuck on over thinking. It’s called Analysis Paralysis And it suckssss but you have to move past it.
Stop being afraid to take that step towards a happier and healthier you and stop being afraid of what bad things could happen. Instead take a moment to think about all the GOOD things that could have happened if you just get out of your own way! Don’t be afraid of failure because so many people have failed, only to rise again even greater.
So this is where you are going to look at every failure as a learning opportunity. Over the past 20 years, I have learned a lot. I have also failed a lot! But I have always stood back up because I knew EXACTLY what I wanted. This goes for your weight loss or health journey. You might fail, but it is ok because you are going to learn from that mistake and get back up on the horse and keep on going. You will LEARN from those mistakes, and you will know next time they arise to not let them happen as frequently.
For me and my journey, I have learned…..
What food works for me.
What my trigger foods are.
I know I cannot restrict, or I’ll binge like no one’s business.
I know I cannot follow a diet.
I know I do better with guidelines instead of eat this or die type philosophy.
I know I must map out my food and when to get my workouts in.
I figured out that I am a winger and when it comes to health and fitness you can’t be a winger!!
Let’s look back at the things you have tried. What was or is un-sustainable for you’ What are things you’ve tried that just don’t work for you’ What are the things you did and worked’ To figure out if what you’re doing can work for your lifestyle, for the long haul so that you fall off the wagon less, we have to look at REPS Formula.
1. It has to be realistic
2. You have to be excited about it
3. You have to have a plan
4. And it has to be sustainable
If it doesn’t have these 4 things, then it isn’t going to work!!!!
What I have learned is that I have to break up with my Must Do’s. I had to instead, do what made me feel good! There was no longer overwhelm of my day and with the list of must do’s when it came to my health and fitness. I had to stop overthinking because overthinking about everything I put in my mouth and every workout I did was driving me out of my mind!
How did I get out of this’ How did I break up with that must do list and move past my ways that were holding me back from truly living my life’ This right here that I am about to touch on, helped me to see the error of my ways. It helped me to break through to the other side.
First thing was Ask yourself, what is 1 thing you want’ What is one simple action step you can do right now that will take you one step closer to your one thing you want, one step closer to your goal’ This is part of my 6 Big Rocks Podcast that dives even deeper into this so I highly recommend checking it out. You have to stop and really figure out why you are doing all of this other stuff if it is not getting me to where I want to be. Start by doing just that 1 thing DAILY until you can start adding more.
The second thing is consistency. A little back story, we went to New Zealand for a month, and I did NOT want to worry about dieting and working out and all of that for the entire time we were there. So, I did a bit of an experiment during this month. I made a commitment to myself that I am going to just do these 3 things every single day and maybe try and workout 3 times a week if I could. Those 3 things were to get 10,000 steps a day, have 1 big salad a day with protein and vegetables, and sleep
THAT WAS IT
Those were my things I HAD to do every day without driving myself bonkers and worrying about everything. I ate and drank like a normal person, I had desserts and alcohol when I wanted. I did what I wanted to at the moment. I did nothing over the top except just being a normal person. Listen, I didn’t want to restrict myself, instead I wanted to see what it is like to have balance. I did this for the entire month and guess what, I only gained 2 pounds!!! (I think that was all water weight from the plane though to be honest!)
This taught me about consistency! It wasn’t about constantly keeping the lid on the jar so tight; it was about being consistent. That all or nothing left me broken and there were cracks in the foundation. And you know what I did. I broke the all or nothing cycle!!!
I am going to let you in a little secret though peeps Change takes time!!! I beat my body up for a decade, and you bet your ass it wasn’t going to take 30 to 90 days to fix it. It was going to take years to unravel all of the destruction. So this means you have to unpack your patience. I knew what I wanted, and I was willing to wait for it. even though every inch of my being was like THIS SUCKSSSSS!!! Ha-ha
That experience helped me to figure out what moves the needle for me. It wasn’t killing myself every single day. It was those 6 Big Rocks that I did daily. (Podcast link above)
If we aren’t doing those 6 things everything else is noise. I had to really zone in my 6 big rocks. Three of them being non-negotiables that I can do every day in my health and feel good.
This requires effort and I had to get uncomfortable but guys, it is ALLL worth it when you get to that point.
What are the daily actions you can do’
Know what is going to work for you. Know where you want to go. Know what the steps are that you have to take to get there.
What are the benefits for these short-term actions’
If I could be more rational and think things through vs letting my gut and ego do all the thinking. I wanted to feel good every damn day.
What Are your 1-3 daily habits you can do’
Keep it simple! Sleep – 7 hours a night. Eat a big ass salad every day. 10,000 steps a day. Be really clear and specific and know that some of these may be easier than others. If you miss 1 it’s fine but ask yourself why you missed it. If you miss it regularly, maybe it’s too much for you right now.
Are you willing to give it a go this summer’
We are starting to re-emerge if you will like the cicadas!! And I want to make sure I help you if you are getting back out there. So are you able to do this in the summer with all of the temptations around you’
When you get your nutrition and exercise in you will feel unstoppable! How do you do that with summer bbq, vacations, ice cream, wine’
This is what most desperate dieters think about. You have to go to an extreme or miss out on the fun! Never find a way to be consistent with all of that extra food and just blend it in occasionally to make it work. Don’t drive yourself crazy over it.
So with that. I am calling this the STRESS FREE SUMMER!!!
I am helping you find that freedom. I am helping you to break out of it so you know how to be consistent, harness the power of thinking small and starting to see small wins as a sign that it is working. Stop wondering what to eat and start creating a healthy process that shows you that getting healthy can feel easy!
I can help you create that step-by-step plan that helps you break free of traditional dieting. So, we are doing a 66 Day Challenge for women who don’t want to diet anymore!
They want to find this blend between fun and sticking with your weight loss goals.
You won’t be starving yourself or counting calories or eating bland boring foods either!!
If this is right up your ally, we are getting started on June 27th!! And I will be hosting an orientation webinar on June 16th! Where I will help you to break down how stress free summer is going to work and how to integrate it into your awesome Summer 2021!!
Facebook Page: chttps://www.facebook.com/kimbarnesjeffersoncoach
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
Stress Free Summer
6 Big Rocks Podcast
You’re About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96