Not it…. I am roughly 5 weeks out from a NE Classic. Here is where the dollar values double. Eat clean, lift heavy, do your cardio or GO HOME. Everything counts! My cardio has gone from 45 min to 60 minutes 6x/week. I have a confession. I HATE CARDIO. Yes, I hate it. I know that their are many pros and cons to cardio, but its the best way I know to lean out of a show. I can strength train all day long, but ask me to do cardio longer than 30 minutes the excuse monster comes up with some real doozies. Being on a piece of a equipment for 60 minutes makes me kooky. But it has to be done. Here’s my plan. I play a ton of mind games.
- The first game I play is splitting it up.
- 30 minutes in the AM and 30 minutes at night.
- I machine hop, if I’m at the gym at all off peak time
- 20 min of running intervals
- 20 min step mill (love this machine)
- 20 min elliptical
- I watch TV, give me a MTV marathon or VH1 decade count down and I’m hooked (see why I stink)
- I will do metabolic circuits where I swing a kettlebell for 1 minute and then jump rope for 1 min and rest for 1 minuteRead More »Are U A Cardio Queen’
So here I am 7 weeks away and wondering seriously who do I think I am should I be running a half marathon.