It seems like every few months I get this question. So I wanted to give you my thoughts. The premise of a cleanse is to reduce the amount of toxins in your body. Studies have shown that a cleansed and revitalized body is stronger, resists illness better, is more efficient and performs at a higher level than one that is filled with impurities.
Now there are different kinds of cleanses:
- Colon cleanses — uses fiber or laxatives to shed gunk and foreign substances from your colon. Let’s just say you’ll spend some quality time in the bathroom.
- Liver cleanses — encourages your liver to produce more bile to help rid the liver of toxins
- Overall diet cleanse — you remove certain foods from your diet in an effort to reduce/eliminate inflammation
- Whole body cleansing — helps you to reduce the toxins from your whole body at a cellular level
I have recently discovered a cleanse that aloe based so it’s gentle on your body while helping to remove toxins on a cellular level. Nutritional cleansing helps the body return to a state of balance and optimum health. A whole body cleanse rids your body of contaminants that have collected within your body over time, helping your systems function more effectively. Deep cleansing also creates the accompanying benefit of stimulating weight loss while reducing inflammation in the body.
When we are very toxic our body starts to create more fat cells to protects us from the toxins. We all know that fat takes up WAY more room that muscle. The goal of whole body cleanse is to ensure you are reducing toxins from ALL over your body not just 1 specific organ.
Since going through “the change” my mother has struggled with her weight. I went to visit in July her and she was on yet another diet! I finally said mom let me help you. Because of all of her y- yo diets I knew she need to just clean out her system to enable weight loss. She started the program on July 11th and in her first 9 days, she lost 5 pounds and 10 inches. I did this cleanse back in March so I could understand what it felt like. I wasn’t looking to lose weight, but I lost 6 pounds. The best thing about this cleanse is that I had ENERGY!!! I worked out and taught 2 classes and didn’t feel like a missed a beat.
With that said a cleanse isn’t for everyone. Here are a few thing to consider prior to cleansing.
- What are you goals’
- Are you looking at this to jumpstart weight loss’
- Have you been polluting your body with processed foods’
- Do you have the time for this’
- Do you have the willpower. On most cleanses your food is limited! You must be able to resist giving in.
- Will you have support’
Want to learn more about nutritional cleansing in person, join me on August 29th. You’ll get to meet Kathy Koover, Executive Vice President and 60 year athlete who uses cleansing as part of your training regimen. Click here for details.
If you are looking to transform your body and before the “after” picture that you always dreamed you could be. Shoot me an email to discuss taking the first step!!!
Yea I like the idea of a cleanse to eliminate toxins from your body! I wanted to add that the benefits that would impact your brain and mental acuity are phenomenal. This is exactly what could give you the edge you need in todays competitive world.
You are so right. Cleansing will help you stay on top mentally.