[Tweet “I struggled with acne well into my adult life. It wasn’t until I get my insides clear of the junk that I was able to have fewer breakouts and less reliant on makeup to hide behind.”]Â In fact most days I’m make up free! I get tons of compliments on my skin! Many natural health experts believe that having a regular detox period is not only great for the body and skin but also necessary. The idea is that toxins from everyday pollutants, the environment and foods we eat build up in our bodies. A regular detox means we can get rid of these toxins and keep our bodies running at their very best.
When it comes to fighting acne, detoxing may also help. The idea here is that when a body is full of toxins and unhealthy it will show in the skin Ã± often in the form of acne.
With that in mind, detoxing may be just what you need to reveal healthy, beautiful skin. And detoxing doesn’t have to be difficult, so put away your maple syrup, lemon and cayenne pepper. AÂ few simple dietary changes can make a difference.
Here are some of our easiest home detoxing tips for clear skin:
- Give up alcohol. Drinking alcohol can dehydrate the body and skin which will make acne worse. It’s also hard on the liver. The liver in the organ that cleanses your system. A healthy liver means a healthy body and skin. By drinking less or giving it up altogether for a set period, you give your liver a chance to detox and perform at its best. In turn leading to a healthier body and skin.
- Give up caffeine. Caffeine is dehydrating for the skin. It can also wreak havoc on your hormones. A healthy hormonal system will mean a healthy body and skin. Avoid caffeine so that your body has a chance to naturally regular its hormones to the level they should be. Now if you are someone who can’t give up the caffeine could you scale it back to 1 cup/day..
- Do a daily cleanse.Â Cleanse For LifeÂ helps support youthful aging with powerful antioxidants, like bilberry, blueberry and raspberry, which help mitigate oxidative stress, prevent the formation of free radicals and neutralize existing free radicals.Â Gentle cleansing allows your vital organs (liver, colon, urinary tract, sweat glands, skin pores, lymphatic system, etc.) to perform their functions more efficiently. It supports theÂ removal of impurities from all major organs to help improve cardiovascular, brain and immune health, as well as mental and physical performance.
- Give up sugar. Sugar is awful for the body and skin. It reduces the amount of collagen in the skin which will lead to ageing skin. It can also create a severe insulin reaction in the body which can make breakouts worse. Giving up sugar for even a week can leave a visible difference in the skin. When I say sugars it’s primarily the processed sugars that we find ADDED to our foods. Sugars that naturally occurs in fruits are fine.
- Drink water first thing in the morning. Drinking a cup of warm water in the morning will help gently wake up your system. This means that your body and organs can get a kick-start on the detoxing process. I like to add some lemon to this and great. If hot water doesn’t float your boat give green tea a try. This is the real stuff in a tea bag.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise is a fantastic way to detox the body. Each time you exercise you will sweat out toxins which will in turn help unclog and clear your pores. Just make sure you wash your face and body with warm water after exercising to avoid the pores getting clogged up with the bacteria excreted. You should be washing your face each day and night to get the oils off. In addition find a great moisturizer with sun screen. I’ve been using this for the past year and love it!!