I am a firm believer in writing things down and making lists!Â And I think that if you want anything in your life, then you need to make a list and be like, this is the shit that I want to come true!!Â As most of you know, when I started my podcast, I made a list of the things I wanted to talk about and Iâ€™m so grateful that I am able to cross off another item on my list!Â And one of those things was, I wanted to talk about food obsession and food freedom and found this amazing lady, Chelsea Kaller who is a freaking Rockstar!Â So today we are going to dive right into talking about cheat meals and how NOT TO LET THEM turn into the runaway freaking express and give you some strategies to help you with this.
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
I met Chelsea on Instagram and not only does she have this amazing energy about her, but she also has a podcast called â€œFinding Your Happiest and Healthiestâ€.Â Chelsea also helps women find their happiest, healthiest, most confident version of themselves. And while every womanâ€™s version of DAMN HAPPY, DAMN HEALTHY looks differentâ€¦ Ultimately, itâ€™s about living life unapologetically, on your terms. This pursuit can be with your health, job, relationships, or any area of life. Damn Happy, Damn Healthy is more than just health and fitness – it’s a lifestyle guided to help women create as much success, freedom and abundance in their lives as possible!Â â€œYou canâ€™t be healthy without your happy, and you canâ€™t be happy without your healthy – and I want to help you achieve both!â€ – Chelsea Kaller
This is about FOOD FREEDOM.Â This is about not sacrificing your happy or your healthy and finding a way to blend them together as one to create the life you want!Â We have lost freaking track that WE CAN create our own destiny, and we all of a sudden think of life and happiness and have that in one category and put fitness and nutrition into another category.Â And we donâ€™t think that we can have them both together.Â When it comes to finding your happiest and healthiest most confident self, it’s about finding balance between all of these things!
Listen, I DONâ€™T KNOW who started this rumor, but in order to have what I want, it has to be hard, or if I don’t choose the hard path then what am I doing? This is not right!Â Why not choose the green path? If you can get to the same destination by doing it the hard way or the easier way that feels really good for you. It’s a no brainer!Â You choose the EASIER way!! We have to WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER!!Â
Health and fitness doesnâ€™t fit into this cookie cutter mold.Â Every person is different, every personâ€™s lifestyle and home is different.Â What some can do may not be what someone else can do.Â So, YOU have to find your own path and your own version of healthy!Â So many women get vapor locked into the rules and don’t take a step back to say how does this work FOR ME?Â It’s SOOO important to take health and fitness and make it fit into your life INSTEAD of flipping your life upside down to fit health and fitness. So listen up magic makersâ€¦. quit changing your life to fit health and fitness, and change health and fitness to fit YOUR LIFE.
So letâ€™s jump into going from CHEAT MEALS TO FOOD FREEDOM!Â I’m guilty and have seen clients do the same thing, but let’s say it’s Friday night and its date night!Â The night starts with pizza. That pizza tastes delicious, so I am going to have 2 slices of pizza.Â Alright, so since I already had 2 slices of pizza, let’s have a glass of wine and since I had the wine I might as well have some desert or chocolate!Â Sound familiar?? Both Chelsea and I have dealt with this on a personal level and have been thereâ€¦Â So what do you do??
One of the things I tell my clients is that most of us DO NOT live these lives where spontaneous events happen often.Â We usually know if there is an event, date night, girls night out.. so I always say, â€œHEY! Make a plan!â€Â And girl, I LOVE the idea of planning, so before you are going to go out, peep the menu quickly and see what there is so that you can figure out what you are going to eat.Â Mentally prepare yourself for the not so healthy meals too. Not just the healthy meals.Â If you want to have that dessert, then you need to plan for that cheesecake or ice cream.
Remember, we are BLENDING not BANNING right now.Â Maybe you’re not a desert person and would rather have a glass of wine. So, what is your choice when you go out so that you donâ€™t binge?Â There is give and there is take.Â Have a healthy dinner and enjoy dessert, or indulge more on your dinner and do not have desert.Â There is balance in this people, BALANCE!
GOLDEN TIP for when it comes to trying to decide whether to indulge on something or not. If you don’t love something, don’t indulge in it. If you love it then eat it! Just because you are out doesnâ€™t mean you are obligated to overindulge in all the things if you don’t love it!Â So, ask yourself this question before you dive in.Â Pick and choose what you are going to indulge in!
The whole idea of having food freedom is not being stressed about meals. Rather than going into each weekday with a mindset of this is a clean eating day and then you come to the weekend and say this is the indulging dayâ€¦. Instead go into every single day with the EXACT same mindset. How can you feed your body and how can you feed your soul?Â These are the 2 biggest things to ask yourself every day!Â And if you don’t tell yourself you can’t have stuff, then that Friday meal won’t be overindulgent.
Repeat after me.. IT IS OKAY TO GO OUT TO EAT!! We want you to go out! We don’t want you to be afraid to go out to eat!!! You just have to be prepared and have the right mindset going into it!
Listen, when we restrict, are the habits you are putting in place right now ones that you can see yourself doing 1 year from now, 2 years from now. Etc?Â Do you want to only indulge on the weekends and not do margaritas on a Tuesday with your girls?Â OF COURSE, FREAKING NOT!!!Â I want you to have the freedom to be able to say â€œyesâ€ to fun meals whenever the heck you want to and that’s because YOU CAN!Â You can enjoy yourself whenever you want to and it’s about finding the balance between everything.
Number 1 Step! GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION!!
We live in a self-imposed rules world, we made up these rules and a lot of my women are in their 40s and these rules have been around for a long freaking time for them.Â Trust me, I had a lot of rules and I had to slowly break the rules to get to where I wanted to be.Â It’s all about experimenting with things what works and what does not work.Â But you have to give yourself permission to break up with these rules and try something new.
So how do these women get out of food jail after 20 years?Â First thing… go into every meal with that mindset. How can I fuel my body and fuel my soul?Â Sometimes fueling yourÂ body wins and sometimes fielding your soul wins and comes back to the damn happy and damn healthy mentality.Â Damn happy is fueling your soul!Â (and this doesn’t always have to be food related) and if you are sacrificing your happy, you are sacrificing things that fuel your soul.Â Shift your mindset going into meals and going into life.
Try something different and go into it with this new mindset and I think by doing that, people will start to realize that this whole idea of balance does not mean restrict and binge, restrict and binge, this whole idea of balance means every day looks the same.
Sometimes that soul food is food, sometimes that soul food is exercise, sometimes that soul food is hanging out with your girls.
EVERY SINGLE meal that you eat, and every piece of food should taste pretty damn awesome! Food is meant to be enjoyed.Â If that food you put into your mouth is good and you thoroughly enjoy it, then the need for a cheat meal doesn’t necessarily feel like a need anymore.Â If you don’t enjoy what you are eating every day, then of course the cheat meals are going to turn into binge mode!!!Â We get bored so easilyâ€¦. So make sure you are switching up your food and making it good!! Don’t eat shit that is boring. If you are bored with your food, you are going to overindulge.
Increase the variety of food in your day.Â The monotonous eating style of meal prepping the same thing over and over again leads to the binging and the cheat meals, which of course then leads to guilt.Â There are women that I know that legit eat the same thing day in and day out for decades!! And if that works for you and you don’t have that constant binge then this is amazing!!Â But if you’re finding that you are doing this and every single weekend is a binge and guilt trip on Sunday, then it’s a time to change!
Now, I don’t want you to think you have to change all of these thingsâ€¦Â pick something easy to start out with!!Â Breakfast, lunch or dinner, what is the easier of the 3 to try and switch up first?Â And please do not make this into another rule, this should be a super simple switch.Â We tend to try and do too much too fast and then we fall off of the wagon, so please remember to start slow with something and do one step at a time.Â This is a process just like anything else you do so take it slow and only do what you can to start with!
We want you to have a cheat meal and not let it snowball and release the hounds!!Â That is our goal for you when trying to break the cycle that you have created!Â But listen when I tell you this magic makers, those days of shaming yourself are behind ussss!!!! Â And we donâ€™t want that any more for you guys!!Â You got this!! I have total faith ladies!
What is one thing that makes you feel magical?
In my personal life the one thing that makes me feel most magical is unplugged fun and just laughter time with my family. Nothing lights me up more than that. We have a big family and extended family, and we are all intertwined and amazing and that lights me up and makes me feel magical. If I could do anything for the rest of my life would be spending time with my family.
My professional life that makes me feel the most magical is when I witness a woman on the other end having that click as far as finding their happy, healthy self. The reason I created this brand and damn happy, damn healthy mentality was because I got so sick and tired of seeing women after women just struggling with their health and fitness and making it feel like it’s a grind and feel like it’s frustrating. So, it’s really magical for me to see someone all of a sudden have that switch flick and they just get it.Â -Chelsea Kaller
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
Lean and Sexy Over 40 —A 30 Day consistency challenge designed for women over 40 to help you master your metabolism and lose the stubborn fat once and for all.
Free Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/findingbalancewithchelsea
7 Free Trial In My Fitness Membership: www.damnhappydamnhealthy.com/7DAYSFREE