Did you know that if you googled â€œHow Do I Lose Weightâ€ youâ€™ll see thatâ€™s itâ€™s googled 110,000 times every month!
Thatâ€™s not the most interesting thing!! Some of the results that show up are freaking ridiculous they are â€˜tipsâ€™ or even worse, advertisements camouflaged as â€˜helpfulâ€™ articles designed to take your $$.
What this tells me that people are still looking for that magic pill.
And despite what those infomercials will tell you they donâ€™t exist!!
You know Iâ€™m a no-nonsense kind of girls so Iâ€™m going to give you 5 simple yet effective tips that you can easily ingrate into your life to help you break old habits, get inspired and to start losing weight and keep it off for good.
1. Refuse To Give Up On Yourself â€“ tell yourself that you can do this! Make the decision that you will be 100% committed; you will find that you are stronger than any excuse. The hardest muscle to train is your brain is the hardest muscle. Determine why you want to do this and remind yourself why you want this to be a lifestyle and keep telling yourself â€œyou can do thisâ€. Sure you can have support from others but being your own cheerleader is amazing .
2. Do What You Love â€“Most people donâ€™t exercise because they despise it. I get that. The key to making exercise a habit is to find something that you like. The key is to get your heart pumping for at least 30 minutes. You donâ€™t have to buy expensive exercise gear from late night TV or start running half marathons. Start doing activities that you love, or something youâ€™ve always wanted to try, and get out there and move. I encourage all of my clients to move at least 4 days a week to start.
Watch exercise videos on-demand, go for a bike ride, take a yoga class, maybe Zumba anything! If you hate your workout, you will always make an excuse to skip it. Find an exercise you enjoy and youâ€™ll never have to work out another day in your life!
3. Be Real â€“Nobody is going to be harder on you than you are on yourself. You already know that weight and getting healthy isnâ€™t a short-term gig. You want to change those old habits, learn to love yourself and accept that this is going to be a gradual and continuous process. Itâ€™s ok to have off days, off weeks, off months. You know that you can motivate by not accepting where you are. You can ask for and do deserve more!!
4. Donâ€™t Eat Less, Eat Right â€“ I can see you rolling your eyes at me. Thatâ€™s the first thing to that most people do is dramatically cut their food, and bump up their exercise. This leads to cravings and deprivation. Letâ€™s face it, ainâ€™t nobody got time for that nonsense. The trick here is to take out foods you know you should not be having. You know the overly processed foods that have tons of calories and little nutrition bang for your buck.
5. Stay Focused and Regret Nothing â€“You have to be consistent. Not every day is going to be a AMAZING, yes, you will have a an off day or two when it comes to your nutrition and workout plan. Everybody does. So get over the perfection trap.
Whatâ€™s important is that you recognize this and accept it. Know where you want to go and continue to make small changes each week that will keep you committed to your goal, you WILL SUCCEED!!
These 5 tips, you will go a long way towards making profound and lasting changes towards your fitness and health goals.
Thereâ€™s no need to accept subpar results! Itâ€™s possible to get healthy without being without being a slave to the scale, starving yourself or working out like a madwomen.
Follow these simple tips and your chance of success will skyrocket! Iâ€™d love to hear which one sounds like music to your ears. Just leave me a comment below. Need more tips? Check out my Fabulously Thriving Framework.Â This healthy living framework is a critical part of the process to help you break from the never ending diet cycle. Using this framework will stop you from struggling needlessly with diet and exercise. .