In today’s busy world, it is hard to find time to do all of the things we need and want to do.Â Most of us have precious little free time on our hands, and what free time we do have we probably want to spend relaxing.Â This often results in things like workouts being pushed to the side.
What many a busy person fails to realize is that working out is worthwhile in more ways than one.Â It gets us in better shape, but that’s not all.Â It also increases our energy levels, allowing us to be more productive.Â It reduces stress, giving us a better attitude.Â And it reduces our risk for numerous health problems.Â When you look at all these benefits, it’s easy to see why making time for a daily workout is so important.Â Here are some ways you can fit in a workout:
- Get up early and start your day with a workout.Â You don’t have to seriously disrupt your sleep pattern.Â Just 20 or 30 minutes each day, or an hour three or four times a week, is enough of a workout to make a noticeable difference.
- Go for a walk or jog during your breaks at work.Â You won’t work up a sweat like you would at a regular workout, but it’s a start.
- Hit a nearby gym during your lunch hour.Â You can get in a half hour workout and still have a half hour to eat.
- Are you unable to fit in a workout because of the kids?Â Sign up for a Mommy and Me class.Â If that doesn’t work for you, enlist the help of a friend in the same situation.Â Have her help you with your kids while you work out, and do the same for her. Join a gym that has babysitting. You can enjoy do a playground workout while your kids play.
- Substitute a workout for your daily TV time.Â Will your life really be less complete if you miss that certain show?Â If you truly can’t bear to miss it, work out while you watch. Can’t give up the TV — try holding a plank during TV commercials
- Find a set of workout videos that you enjoy.Â Keep them in a place where you will see them often, and make it a point to work out whenever you have some free time.Â This works well if you have a highly unpredictable schedule.
Just remember to shoot for at least three good workouts each week for maximum benefit.
Finding time for a workout sometimes seems like an impossible task, but it’s not.Â If you can set aside 30 minutes to an hour each day, you can get in enough physical activity to make a noticeable difference.Â And once you see how much better you feel with regular workouts, you’ll be more motivated to fit them into your schedule.