What pops into your head when it’s 3 o’clock and you have to start to figure out what is for dinner.. Or your partner comes home and asks that dreaded question you don’t want to hearWhat’s for dinner”’ And your head just wants to explode’!! Well, this is why you need to have some automatic meals in your kitchen toolbox! But what are automatic meals” If you haven’t heard that term before you might be like huh”
- Sleeping the 1st big rock
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Weight | 147
- Are you ready to break up with your diet mindset? |146
- The 4 Steps To Consistency Over 40 | 0506
- 5 tips to get ready for summer over 40| 145
- Consistency Is King Over 40 | 0429
- Why you need mobility and strength| 144
- You Can't Always Be On A Diet | 0422
- Why Are You Really Dieting? | 143
- You Can't Do It On Your Own| 0415
- How To Stop Letting Self Doubt Hold You Back|142
- Stop Trying to Be 30 | 141
- Stop Trying To Be 30 | 5
- The 4 Ms Method | 0327
- The Power of Movement | 0324
- How Exercise Effects Your Metabolism| 0327
- Katie Veazie Strength Training Builds Confidence | 140
- Are You Working Out Too Much? | 4
- Is Self Care Bull Sh*t? | 139
- You don't have to spend hours in the gym to see results! | 2
- Creating A Sustainable Healthy Life Over 40 | 138
- I Must Workout Hard To Get Results
- Workouts Don't Need To Crush You Kim| 137
- Why Do I Feel So Behind
- The Secrets To Getting Better Results With A Coach| 136
- Client Testimonial: The Power of Mindset| 135
- The Power Of A Flexible Metabolism| 134
- How to make exercise a habit Kim | 133
- How To Reset Your Wellness| 132
- Client Testimonial: How To Trust Your Journey| 131
- What Makes A Great Fitness Coach| 130
- Are You Ready To Stop Making These Nutrition Mistakes? |129
- The 10 Fitness Mistakes You are Making| 128
- Client Testimonial: I finally had a weight loss strategy|127
- It's possible to have balance in life| 126
- 6 keys to struggle free weight loss| 125
- How To Find Your Blind Spots |124
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Can’t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and What To Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
It is exactly how it sounds. These are meals you can whip together with little to no thought. They are healthy, sustainable, satisfying meals that are put together in 2 snaps and a tick tack! ”” Automatic meals that you can think of without any recipe or crazy ingredients!
For me, this is my salads! I know what I put in them, and what I need in them, and they are something I can throw together seamlessly in a pinch when it comes time for lunch! Or a quick protein and vegetables with a carb for dinner! Easy, quick meals that can be put together with ingredients you have in your home.
I have asked a few amazing ladies to give us some tips on their Automatic Meals! Check them out below! There are also links to some really great recipes that you will be adding to your weekly meal rotation to help simplify your life!
Ashley is a nutrition coach and a business coach and used to be a private chef. What’s funny is that even though she used to cook a lot of different types of meals and recipes for her clients, when it comes to cooking for herself, and what she advises people on is making really, really simple meals! If you don’t stick to simple meals, showing up and being sustainable with your cooking and your nutrition is going to be really tough.
So, automating meals is something that she does a lot! And meals that she suggests to every single one of her clients, as well as something she does for herself.
Her favorite automated meal would be a hearty bowl, and not even anything specific. She loves to have different templates that she can go towards when cooking, that will allow her to use up what she has in her fridge. Things that will express seasonality, and that make things really, really easy.
If we only stick to recipes, then what’s going to happen when we don’t have an ingredient or when we are short on time. Ashley teaches people about really simple techniques that they can do, that can translate into a bunch of other things.
For example, slow roasting a piece of salmon also means that you can slow roast chicken and beef and certain cuts of beef. You can do it with other types of fish too. So having that one technique translates into a variety of things.
Another thing she loves to do is roasting vegetables. Whatever vegetable she has on hand she chops into even pieces and roasts them at about 425 degrees with olive oil or coconut oil and salt. She does this with greens like broccoli and Brussel sprouts or starches like beets and potatoes, butternut squash, sweet potatoes.
Along with the protein and the vegetable, she also likes adding some sort of grain to the bowl. So white rice, brown rice or quinoa are great options. Lastly, topping the bowl with a delicious sauce puts it all together!
Again, the template is some sort of protein, some sort of roasted vegetable, and then some sort of grain so that is going to create a meal that is going to be very balanced for your blood sugar. It’s going to keep you really really full. And again, it’s something that you can put together at the drop of a hat.
Ashley prefers to stay away from recipes and instead, moves towards templates! That way you can use what you have at your house. You can batch cook things, single ingredient things versus a full-on complicated meal prep and then you can go ahead and just make things really really simple.
Her favorite bowl would be my slow roasted salmon with herbs and her red onion caper vinaigrette, along with roasted vegetables and white rice. You can find the recipes for the salmon and the roasted vegetables below!
Ashley’s go to recipes:
Beth is the creator of Tasty Yummies and her favorite automatic, go-to meal is a no brainer. She is a huge fan of an easy sheet pan meal! Sheet pan meals are easy, and perfect for a busy weeknight meal because it’s all in one. It’s less dishes and you can get everything you need with very little effort.
So just pick up your protein, you can get your fat with your protein or with your cooking oil. Plan out your veggies and get them on the pan and then you have to figure out how you are going to get your fiber and carbs into the sheet. Then go ahead and have a ton of fun with the different flavors and spices and sauces. The possibilities really are endless with these meals!
Check out the links that are included below for the many recipes over on her website, Tasty Yummies for different ways you can make easy sheet pan meals. Some of her personal favorites are the easy sheet pan Greek Chicken Souvlaki with veggies and you can have so much fun mixing up the different veggies. There is a sheet pan of Crispy Ranch Chicken and she loves it with a side of homemade crispy French fries. They also have a sheet pan of Beef and Broccoli and Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower. Another favorite is sheet pan Steak Fajitas! So definitely go try some out and experiment with what you like!
What is so cool is that they have included a really easy formula so that you can make your own sheet pan roast chicken and veggies with loads of different options.
Oh, and we can’t forget dessert. While you’re over at the Tasty Yummies website, check out their webstore for Beth’s signature raw organic dark chocolate bars. They’re single origin dairy free, vegan and low carb sweetened with just a little bit of coconut sugar. And it’s the perfect sweet finish to any meal.
And a couple of other sheet pan recipes:
Melissa is the founder and creator of Hale Bone Broth. And her automatic meal is starting off with her staple product, Hale Bone Broth. You can make a quick and easy, delicious soup with this and it has minimal ingredients!
Just take a cup to 16 ounces of bone broth, a half of an avocado, two tablespoons of coconut cream and blend that all together. This will make you a fuel filled, healthy fat, super hydrating, super filling automatic meal and it can be put together in no time flat!
Learn more about Melissa and Hale Bone Broth on her website.
One of Tina’s go-to meals that you can throw together in a matter of minutes is super simple and all you need is three ingredients that come from your pantry and your freezer!
You start with a high protein bean or lentil pasta, cook that up and then mix in jarred pesto and then whatever veggies you would like from your freezer. It takes no time at all to throw it together and it’s a protein packed and nutrient packed meal that is macro friendly and delicious!
Now that you know what automatic meals are, have you been making them without even knowing what they are!’ What are your go-to, automatic meals that you make at least once or twice a week’ Let me know in the comments! What recipe from above are you going to try out this week’
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kimbarnesjeffersoncoach
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/