Here in Boston we are holding out the we are going to have at least 1 day of NO RAIN!!! We have been stuck in a crazy weather pattern and right now the entire city is holing its breath in anticipation of a rain free day. Do your plans include a picnic? My do, so here are come suggestions to enjoy the day.
- Mustard in my opinion is the underrated condiment. I love and use it everyday!
- Ketchup and BBQ is OK provided you don’t drown your food in them or they don’t contain high fructose corn syrup.
- Salad Dressing– stay away from the CREAMY stuff! Go with the vinaigrette versions
- Mayo — again creamy stay away; does the thought of coleslaw-less picnic leave you blue — mix 1/2 the amount of mayo in with some vinegar and mustard
- Pickles and relish — YUM! YUM! Give me some!!! They are awesome, enjoy!!!
- Butter — really do we have to talk about it!! I know you are saying what about but corn on the cob! Trust me on this one. Try lime juice and old bay seasoning. Really tasty, you could also try mixing olive oil, balsamic vinegar and kosher salt.