Is your inner critic running your life and calling the shots? Does she stop you from really truly living the life you want? Does she leave you feeling unsatisfied even after each and every accomplishment?
Youâ€™ve hit goal after goal, but you are still searching for more and not taking any time to appreciate what it is you are doing now! You want more and more and even though you are successful, you still are not happy? Then, girl, you HAVE GOT TO dethrone that inner critic because she is NOT letting you live the life you deserve! Does your inner critic feel like she is part gang member (mine sure does), and she is keeping you living your best life and she is feeling good about it!
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
I recently sat down with Joanna Kleinman who is a licensed psychotherapist, life and corporate coach, author, podcaster, motivational speaker and the founder of Dethroning Your Inner Critic, yesss she wears multiple hats, but magic makers, SHE KNOWS HER STUFF! She has worked for years helping people live their best lives and has even invested years into making sure that her life is the best it can be, plus making sure she is at her best, mind, body and spirit wise. â€œIf your mind is not right, then nothing else really matters.â€
Sometimes, with traditional psychotherapy, you can get lost talking about the past and your feelings, which is useful, but Joanna is really all about understanding how to rewire a different mind that you are going to use moving forward. One that you are going to design a fundamentally different life with! A shift in how we handle problems or bumps along the road, a shift in how we set our goals and how we celebrate accomplishments and life in itself!
Alright, so letâ€™s talk about those bumps in the road that we hate to speak of, or even think of. The shift in thinking about those bumps as positive. We have got to stop thinking problems, as problems, but as the opportunity to grow! Your take away. â€œLook at yourself and your life and approach everything that shows up in your life as an opportunity rather than a problem.â€ Of course, your inner critic will look at these bumps as problems, itâ€™s just what she does, but we have got to reframe the way we look at our lives from everything is a problem to an opportunity that we can learn from and grow from!! BAMMMM! Chew on that for a little bitâ€¦.
Letâ€™s take weight loss as an example of what we are talking about above.. Weight loss is never a smooth road, right? Itâ€™s personal GROWTH and learning different things about yourself. You will hit a bump, but instead of having that bump taking you out ask yourself what can you learn from that bump?
Many people approach weight loss as something they are going to take on in order to make their lives better and make themselves feel better. But this is where the problem liesâ€¦ People look to their external circumstances and want to change their weight or business, etc. What they say is, â€œOnce I get that goal accomplished. That will be the thing that makes me feel better about my life.â€ HELL YEAH, it feels good when youâ€™ve got this healthy body, but what we WANT TO SEE is that people are taking on their weight and health because they already, love themselves, honor themselves and value themselves, RIGHT NOW! Then how you eat and how you exercise already becomes a natural expression of how you feel about yourself right now. Ya feel me…??
Stop and think about right now, what it is that you do once you have reached a goal, or did something you want to do? What do you do after you have hit this accomplishment? You move onto the next thing, right? You try and figure out what it is that you can do next. YOU ARE ALWAYS CHASING the next best thing! And that is the problem with society today, we donâ€™t take time to just stop and appreciate our accomplishments. No one takes the 5 minutes to sit down and say, what truly is a success for me?
And that right there is our inner critic. She has us in a place of lack, and we are continuously searching for the next thing that is going to make us feel the way we want to feel. Believe it or not some of the richest most successful â€œaccomplishedâ€.. â€œhave it allâ€ individuals, the people that you say if I were only likeâ€¦.. Guess what many of them donâ€™t feel good enough deep down inside!
It is a tragedy that we walk around this planet with the most amazing blessings, literally all around us, but we donâ€™t see it, because we are focused on what isnâ€™t enough and what isnâ€™t okay and what we need to get it. Instead, really take the time to use your mind and think about what you truly feel grateful for, and what you feel proud of right now in this moment!
Joanna calls her work â€œdethroning your inner criticâ€ because we have had our inner critic mind forever, and we are going to have it forever. So, itâ€™s not about getting rid of that old computer programming, itâ€™s really about understanding on a very deep level where it comes from and why we have it. When she speaks to you, now you are going to have the tools to be able to hear that voice and know that, â€œOh, that is not me, that is just my inner critic. I do not have to give any attention, guidance or energy to that voice.â€ You will be able to speak to it and say listen, I donâ€™t need that!!
Our inner criticâ€™s main job is to protect us, but often it is doing more harm than good. Once you understand when she is talking and you are able to start dethroning her, you can work on what happens when you fall down or hit a bump in the road. Your thoughts shift to what is the opportunity not I failed again. Failing doesnâ€™t mean that you are not good enough. It just means whatever you did didnâ€™t work, so is it time to try a new path.
One of the steps in Joannaâ€™s Four Step Mind Method helps you to meet your inner critic and become familiar with the voice of your inner critic, so you can then distinguish when she is getting back on her thrown. The inner critic is always going to happen, but what Joanna does is helps to give you the tools to its start recognizing when she POPS UP and how to tone her down!
Dethroning your inner critic is moment, by moment and can sometimes take 100 days. But there is nothing more important, in every aspect of life, than mastering the thoughts in your mind. When you know the difference between you and your inner critic, then YOUR LIFE becomes the most powerful life that you can be living.
If you listened to this podcast and read the blog and itâ€™s giving you all the feels, then head over to Joannaâ€™s website and socials and check her out! She is really truly amazing and has even helped me! Plus, she also has a podcast called â€œDethroning Your Inner Critic.â€ Check her out and let me know what you think about this podcast! Are you ready to dethrone your inner critic right now!!?
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/