My goal is to help women over 40 create a sustainable, healthy lifestyle and girl, I know alcohol tends to be part of that lifestyle!Â I am not that health coach that is going to say, â€œGIVE IT UP!â€ when once in a while you want to go out and have a date night with your sweetie, or out with your girls, and enjoy a glass of whatever! So how do you come up with a way to make it sustainable?
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
If you donâ€™t ever want to have a drink again for other reasons than that is amazing if that is your true desire.Â BUT if itâ€™s because you think that you CANâ€™T HAVE alcohol in your life and still sustain weight loss, then that is where I want to start the conversation!!Â Â Alcohol will NEVER be on the good foods list, but there is a way you are able to have it on occasion. So, letâ€™s break what alcohol is, so that you can go in informed about what decisions to make!
Alright, so here are the basics. Alcohol is just empty calories and there are NO health benefits in alcohol, no matter what you have heard about wine or sherry!Â (maybe in small amounts, but not in multiple glasses at a time.ðŸ¤·ðŸ½â€â™€ï¸)Â And itâ€™s not the carbs that make it not good for your body, itâ€™s not the sugar, itâ€™s THE ALCOHOL! It is basically the 4th macro and has its own macro count of 7 grams! Think about that, that is second to fat! Fat has 9 grams. And for some people that is a lot. So, you have to balance that out when you are making these decisions of whether to drink or not.
Letâ€™s say you had some drinks.Â When that alcohol metabolizes (digests), it takes about 2-4 hours to digest it, depending on how many drinks you have had.Â While your body is digesting this alcohol, it goes through several phases and in that phase it is broken down into acetate and acetate is highly flammable, so it starts to burn that alcohol up.Â But our bodies are lazy so itâ€™s always looking for the quickest way to get energy and if there is alcohol laying around, it is going to burn that alcohol first before anything else in your body. And then it gets to the fats, carbs, etc.Â (If you are trying to burn fat in your body, and there is alcohol in the way, how is your body going to get to that fat to burn??? See what I am saying???)
If you have body fat to lose and you are having alcohol on a regular basis, I want you to stop and ask yourself, is this helping my goal. (I didnâ€™t say stop the booze, I just said ask this question…)Â Â And since alcohol likes to hang out around our midsection, it can make it harder to lose that weight if that is your goal.Â Alcohol is a toxin within our body, and our body doesnâ€™t really know what to do with it, so it doesnâ€™t break it down into glucose like the other nutrients in our body.Â So instead, it sticks it away for storage as FAT!Â And stops you from reaching your goals!
So again, I want you to figure out, â€œWhat are my goals? And How many drinks am I currently having?â€Â We all know the key to weight loss is creating this caloric deficit so if you are trying to lose weight, can you bring yourself down to having 1 drink a night to have fewer calories a day to help with that weight loss? Â I challenge people to look at their relationship with alcohol. Are you using it to unwind, to destress? Are there other ways that you can do that, especially if you are trying to lose weight?Â Because we need to create this caloric deficit when trying to lose weight.
Another thing that alcohol does to hinder us from reaching our weight loss goals is by causing us to crave foods we typically wouldnâ€™t eat.Â What are some of the decisions that you start to make that you wouldnâ€™t have made if you did not have that glass of wine or 2? Â Are you reaching for pizza and crap???
I am going to come back to this, and with like all things it is about MODERATION! You donâ€™t need to do it every night, and wouldnâ€™t you much rather eat really good food instead of wasting all of your calories on drinks instead of food? I know I would rather eat good food than drink my calories!
What do you do if you ARE going out that night for dinner and drinks??Â If you are going out, great! But during that entire day, you are going to make sure you are hitting your protein numbers and you have a full belly. DONâ€™T SKIP meals that day. The more that is in your belly, the less likely you are going to get drunk, and you are also fuller so you will be less likely to indulge too much in foods you would rather not eat.Â Alcohol is your TREAT, so pick your battles!Â Would you rather have a nice glass of wine or dessert?Â Or if you had a really great week, maybe you can have a glass of wine and a dessert!!Â Once again, I am bringing you back to MODERATION and now COMPROMISE!Â
Okay, so you are out to dinner, but what do you drink that is NOT FULL OF CALORIES!Â Try something on the rocks, like a vodka on the rocks, or with seltzer or water and stay with that drink.Â Donâ€™t mix that drink on the rocks with other things like beer and wine.Â Just stick to 1 type during that night. Keep it simple and be sure to throw in some glasses of water in between drinks or after your ONE!
[Tweet “Find a way to look at alcohol and blend it into your healthy life!”]So, I challenge you, to check in with yourself and ask yourself these questions:
- Can you have X amount of drinks and feel comfortable with that?
- Does alcohol make you lose your inhibitions with food and drink and make you eat things you otherwise wouldnâ€™t?
- Can you sleep when you drink or consume a certain amount of alcohol? Or is it affecting my sleep?
Just know magic makers that if you feel drinking may be a problem and you find yourself questioning your relationship with alcohol, it is not something to feel ashamed of.Â Listen to this podcast I did a while back about it and maybe itâ€™s something to explore and have your own personal conversation with. And then grab my Alcohol Resource Guide.Â It has all of the information we just went over and more, plus it gives you great mocktail recipes to whip up when you are craving alcohol!Â Plus, I give you the details on how you can bring alcohol into your life and still lose weight.Â Download it and let me know what you think! Share it with a friend, a sister, a mother or a significant other and do what is right for you magic makers
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol?