Let’s dive into mindset because it’s that time of the year where we start to get a little wiggly… You came out of the holidays sprinting, but now…. you are freaking tired and you are questioning if you made the right decisions, started the right program, or took the right approach! And this is when I say that you have to check in with your mindset people! Because it is your MINDSET that determines your PROGRESS.
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
In order for you to move past the same blocks that always seem to pop up against, you have to focus on what’s working and what’s not. And when it is not, you need to figure out where there is a kink in the process? BUT…. many of you don’t even have a process. You resort to the process of just CUTTING out everything you love and then you are going to go hard as hell and fast as hell!
BUT… here is the thing.
You can go hard, and you can go fast, but you can’t go hard and fast for long!
I see this as a coach all the dang time. You are literally sprinting towards a brick wall. And I don’t want you to hit that wall, I want to stop you. But sometimes you just have to crash into the wall and know that I am here to help you pick up the pieces. Many of you overlook how important mindset is when it comes to weight loss because you can’t just transform your body if you don’t have your head in the right space. Hard does not get you where you want to go, so stop making it so dang difficult.
So, what are the 5 things that get in our way when it comes to weight loss and reaching goals?
- You don’t have goals.
- There is no plan.
- You aren’t excited.
- Breaking up old habits and installing new ones.
- Looking at your obstacles.
So, you don’t have any goals?? GOALS for me are like punching in an address into a GPS and finding out how I am going to get to where I want to go. YOU HAVE TO punch that goal into your GPS. A lot of people don’t set goals because they are afraid, and they don’t want to fail.
It’s our goals that drive our behaviors.
It’s our goals that give us that to-do list.
It’s our goals that are our blueprint of where the hell we are driving this bus.
The clearer you are about what is going to happen, the more likely you are going to achieve your goals, and the more you will be able to connect with them. And don’t get caught up in negative self-talk. If something bad happens or an obstacle pops up, are you likely to see it as sign and decide it’s the end of the road. We are programmed to look for the negative, we aren’t programmed to look for the positive. The diet industry programs us to go for hard instead of easy. Why??
Get out of your head and stop taking things away, stop setting goals that make you give up everything. Instead, make a habit of adding things. Like adding more water to your diet and adding vegetables and adding protein. How about focusing on ADDING as much of that as you can to help you fight cravings and fight hunger.
Alright, how are you going to plan?? What makes you feel good and what can you plan into our life? First, you want to look at your week. Most of you are at home working with the kids doing virtual school at least some part of the week. For the most part you know what is going to happen in your week and there is not too much spontaneity in our lives anymore. You can make a plan for your food.
Meal prep. I am not one of those people that will say you need to cook on Sunday all dang day. What I do is plan 24 hours in advance and I am not caught without food or not getting my workouts in, because I have a plan. This is where habits come in, think about what you are good at? What is it that makes you great at it? Is there something that you want to be great at that we can start to slide into that already established behavior?
I like people to start with exercise. It makes you feel good and when you feel good you start to think of things in a better, more positive way. So how do we build upon that? Take the same traits you are good at and put them into what you are trying to master.
Are you excited about what you are doing? If you’re not excited, you are not going to do it… If you sign up for a class and you hate it, you are not going to do it! You are not going to jump out of bed in the morning to do it… So, you have to be excited about what you are doing so that you don’t drop off the wagon a few weeks in!! Listen, if you hate kickboxing, don’t take a kickboxing class because they “promise” you will lose 30 pounds. DON’T DO IT!!! Be truly excited about what you are doing and how it will affect your health because we want it to be exciting and we want it to be healthy.
Set realistic expectations magic makers. Who do you surround yourself with? This plays a huge role in this. I am not saying don’t go out… Just when you are there can we make subtle shifts in what we buy? I am never going to say don’t go. I am never going to say just have water when your friends have ice cream. BUT how do we have fun with a little more restraint?? Inside of going for the belly buster, have a scoop of ice cream.
Let’s set goals and break down those goals. If you want to lose 50 pounds, scale it down and start with 10 pounds, and then repeat it 5 times. Focus on 10 to start. By doing this, you will have something to celebrate sooner when you hit those 10 pounds. Instead of waiting for 50 pounds go with 10 at a time. You may think you need to lose 50, but as you see your body transform, you may be happy at 25.
Magic makers, stop sitting on the sidelines waiting to find the perfect diet, the perfect time the perfect program, the perfect coach. Your gut knows what it is. All you have to do is just get started! Something is better than nothing so even if you do 15 minutes of walking a day that is better than not doing any at all.
As the great Dr. Dre would say, check yourself before you wreck yourself!!!
When I do this, it helps me to just realized that all the noise inside my head is keeping me where I don’t want to be. You have to push past them and not listen to the negative. Not think about what the worst thing is to happen.
Ladies it’s the small efforts done repeatedly over time that get you the greatest results! Think of a snowstorm, it doesn’t snow 30 feet in an hour. It is repeatable and it’s a gradual change… An inch an hour is more realistic. But this is the same thing with change. It’s a slow process but it works overtime as long as you stick with it.
Get your mind right, head in the game and if someone needs to hear this, tag them!
This mindset thing is never going away. It is going to continue to be the boogeyman that keeps you from where you want to be in life if you don’t get it right!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/