I love BBQ sauce. I use it for so many things. There’s really nothing wrong with BBQ except is very hard to find one that doesn’t have high fructose corn syrup added into it for extra sweetness.
Lucky that I’ve found this recipe that lets me have BBQ back in my diet. This homemade BBQ sauce uses less sugar and instead focuses on spices and onion to get an amazing BBQ flavor without packing in more calories.
- 1 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Â¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Â¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Â½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 white onions, chopped
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/3 cup ketchup
*I like my spicy so I’ve added in some crushed red pepper flakes or Sriracha.
- Add all of the ingredients besides the ketchup to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn to low and simmer for around 25 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ketchup.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge for later.
Love recipes — me too, grab 30 more right here!