I love jumping rope, you can jump rope ANYWHERE and it’s easy to pack. A jump rope can help you to easily shed some of your unwanted extra pounds.
What make jumping rope so effective is that you can vary the intensity. It allows you to build up your heart-rate and develop your conditioning without having to even leave the comfort of your home. I also like bringing a rope with me to the gym and jump between my weight lifting sets.
The Best Jump Rope Routines
Here are a few different techniques you can use to change up your jump rope routine and get back on-top of pushing yourself.
- Timed Method – Grab your stopwatch and jump for 30 seconds. If you think you can get 50 jumps, go for fifty and try to hit that number every time you do the set. Repeat this for about 10-12 sets and be sure to rest in between each set. With this, you can create a good way to up your challenge each week and burn fat.
- Count-Down – If you have been working out for a while give this one a try.
- Go for 350 jumps in a row and use that as your first set.
- 2nd set drop that to 300 jumps in a row
- keep dropping by 50 jumps until you hit 0.
- Be sure to rest 30-90 sec between sets.
- Kettlebell swings and jump rope — Swing a kettlebell for 30 sec rest 30 sec and then jump rope for 30 sec — continue for 4 rounds
- Rowing machine, box jumps and jumprope — this is one of my favorites.
- Row 500 meters
- 30 box jumps
- 1 min jump rope
- rest 60 sec
- Repeat 5 rounds
It’s pretty easy to get creative with a jump rope and doesn’t require a gym membership. If you have a favorite jump rope routine. I’d love to hear it. Please leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear how you how you did with the workouts I suggested.
Are you new to exercise or been exercising for a while and just looking for way to mix it up or your results have stalled. My new Lean & Sexy program will teach the tools and systems you to lose weight and get into the best shape of your life. Hurry program starts Monday, September 1st.