Alright… let’s talk about a concept… This may ruffle some feathers… BUTTT! What worked in your 30’s IS NOT going to work in your 40’s. Hate to break it to you. But it is true. Our bodies are different, our lives are different, so much has changed and for most of us, it is impossible to do what we did then. I say this because I have clients come to me that I have coached for a number of years and talk about what happened 5 years ago. I get it, you want to look at the past and use that as a reference but have you fully considered there is a reason why you are no longer doing it?
- 7 Ways To Build Self Discipline|183
- Discover The Secret To Setting Strong Boundaries|182
- How to Handle Adrenal Fatigue| 180
- Are You Ready To Beat Stress and Overwhelm in 2023?| 181
- Are You Making These Weight Loss Mistakes| 179
- How to Fall In Love With Your Over 40 Body| 178
- Do You Need A Health Reset?| 177
- Simple Mindset Tactics That Help You Lose Weight |176
- 3 Reasons Why You Feel Stuck| 175
- Using Math to Overcome Overeating| 174
- How To Avoid Diet Boredom| 173
- How To Evolve Your Fitness Through The Years|172
- Cracking The Belly Fat Code||1104
- Belly Fat Code Overview| 171
- Hallmark Movies and Dieting?: What do they have in Common| 1028
- Are You Ready To Beat Your All Or Nothing Mindset? | 170
- Fat Loss VS Weight Loss: What's The Difference?|021
- How I Improved My Menopause Story| 167
- Hidden Toxins In Our Bodies Mystery Revealed|168
- What Every Women Should Know About Menopause|167
- Menopause Myths Part 2| 0930
- Do You Want To Know More About Macros| 166
- 8 Common Myths About Menopause Part 1
- What Causes Belly Fat In Women Over 40?|
- What Women Over 40 Ought to Know About Protein| 0916
- Are You Ready To Give Up The Busy Badge? |164
- Do you Want to Know About Unexplained Weight |0909
- 3 Reasons to Stop Trying To Do Everything| 163
- Are You Ready To Let Go Of Control? ||0903
- Do You Need To Press LIfe's Pause Button|162
- What exactly is healthy aging? |161
- Powerlifting It's Easy If You Do It Smart||160
- Are You Ready To Survive The Dog Days Of Summer||0812
- Are You Ready To Find The Courage To Change |159
- Three Powerful Tips for Women Over 40 Who Want to Make a Change| 0805
- Do you want to break from diet culture| 158
- 6 Nutritional Myths That Must Die| 0729
- What is Accountability and Why Do You Need It Show |156
- 3 Simple Steps to Becoming More Consistent, Over 40|011
- What is Accountability and Why Do You Need It| 156
- Fitness Lessons I've Learned Over the Years
- How To Avoid The Shame Spiral and Make Peace With Your Body| 155
- What To Do When You Fall Off The Diet Wagon|0708
- 6 Steps To Making A Change In Your Health| 154
- How Long Does It Take To Get Fit?|0701
- Client Testimonial: Thank you for teaching me balance|153
- Are You Working On Your Mindset| 0624
- Do You Know What Brings You Joy?|152
- How Do You Know What To Eat? |6
- How to focus on the little things and get results| 151
- Why Women Over 40 Need To Strength Train| 5
- You Are Enough| 150
- Stress Free Summer Masterclass
- Making Time for Self-Care (Even if you’re Super-Busy
- What To Do When Your Diet Stops Working| 149
- Want To Lose Weight? Manage Your Stress | 0527
- How To Have A Stress Free Summer| 148
- Sleeping the 1st big rock
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Weight | 147
- Are you ready to break up with your diet mindset? |146
- The 4 Steps To Consistency Over 40 | 0506
- 5 tips to get ready for summer over 40| 145
- Consistency Is King Over 40 | 0429
- Why you need mobility and strength| 144
- You Can't Always Be On A Diet | 0422
- Why Are You Really Dieting? | 143
- You Can't Do It On Your Own| 0415
- How To Stop Letting Self Doubt Hold You Back|142
- Stop Trying to Be 30 | 141
- Stop Trying To Be 30 | 5
- How Exercise Effects Your Metabolism| 0327
- The Power of Movement | 0324
- The 4 Ms Method | 0327
- Katie Veazie Strength Training Builds Confidence | 140
- Are You Working Out Too Much? | 4
- Is Self Care Bull Sh*t? | 139
- You don't have to spend hours in the gym to see results! | 2
- Creating A Sustainable Healthy Life Over 40 | 138
- I Must Workout Hard To Get Results
- Workouts Don't Need To Crush You Kim| 137
- Why Do I Feel So Behind
- The Secrets To Getting Better Results With A Coach| 136
- Client Testimonial: The Power of Mindset| 135
- The Power Of A Flexible Metabolism| 134
- How to make exercise a habit Kim | 133
- How To Reset Your Wellness| 132
- Client Testimonial: How To Trust Your Journey| 131
- What Makes A Great Fitness Coach| 130
- Are You Ready To Stop Making These Nutrition Mistakes? |129
- The 10 Fitness Mistakes You are Making| 128
- Client Testimonial: I finally had a weight loss strategy|127
- It's possible to have balance in life| 126
- 6 keys to struggle free weight loss| 125
- How To Find Your Blind Spots |124
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Can’t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and What To Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
I don’t want you to give because, You STILL can work out and eat good and FEEL good too! You just have to do things a little differently now, but I know that you can get back to where you want to be! Now…you have to take into account what is going on in your life at this very moment. Assess, investigate, and make modifications to see if it will be sustainable. And we do this by working on our REPS.
1. R – Is it realistic in your life right now?
2. E – Are you excited about it?
3. P – Can you make a plan?
4. S – And ultimately is it sustainable?
I get it, it habit that you always want to reach back into your old bag of tricks. Our bodies are so smart they know all the tricks. And I get it, in the past I was a 5 meal/day girl too, racing to get protein in the minutes after my workout. If my workout wasn’t 2 hours why workout… I was that person. But I look at my life and I don’t want to make that kind of time anymore. In order for us to fit into this new life, you have to take a look. What was going on in the old life that allowed us to be able to do that? When you move into this new life, you want to move away from the overwhelm! You have enough going on in our lives, the LAST thing you want is to be overwhelmed with getting healthy and feeling good!
How do you eliminate this OVERWHELM??
Together we start by breaking down your day. This is a time audit. You need a system in place to get things down. How are we using our time and what are our time sucks? Can it be outsourced? Can it be done in a different way?
➡️ Keep a list of the top things you need to do each week. Pick 3 objectives every single day. But keep them realistic too! (If you need help with a time audit! SEND ME AN EMAIL! Or DM ME!)
➡️ Create a manageable schedule. You need to be able to give yourself some wiggle room because things will run over. LEARN to start saying NO! My husband says my favorite word is no… You bet your sweet bottom it is! Will doing something that you don’t have time to do, derail your program? It’s ok to say no to something you don’t have time to do or don’t want to do! NO is a complete sentence. And we don’t have to justify why we say NO to anyone!
STOP being a seeker.
Another way to make this transformation into our 40s. I see it all the time. Are you always peeking around the corner trying to see if there is a better diet or workout or whatever it is. Review what you are doing. What is working, what is not working? If I don’t know my challenges, how will I know the thing around the corner is what will solve my problems????
Weight loss comes with a lot of different steps. What are the steps that are tripping you up? How are you tripping over your own 2 feet to get stuff done? Every diet is going to say exercise more and eat less. That is just how it is. So…. Are you even exercising? Do you even like the exercises? Do you even like the food they are requesting you to eat?
We are trying to find our goldilocks zone. We have to experiment with different things to see what is working and what is not. We are trying to figure out a food cadence that doesn’t make me starve, isn’t too much, and isn’t too little. This is the same with exercise. Hunger, cravings, and energy are always in check. YOUR HEC IS IN CHECK!
Take a snapshot. Where are you? Step back and take a look. For many people, I can help them lose that stubborn weight…. HOWEVER… we are only going to change 1 thing at a time. It’s not me handing you a plan and your set for life. It is me taking a look at what you are doing, past and present. We are going to take a snapshot of what you are doing and figure out what we are going to work on first. What are you willing to commit to?
Everyone wants change but you have to be willing to change and have to be able to change. What you are willing and able to change right now may be different from 30-60 days from now? Think about that…
Be 1% better…
I know this may seem hard… But this is making continuous improvements. Small daily actions over time. Small little changes can do a lot for you! Just think at 210 degrees, water is hot… at 212 degrees it is boiling…. Just a 2-degree difference can change SOOO much! So just remember that! We have to stop trying to climb Mount Everest in 1 day. That takes 2 freaking months to scale that thing! This journey to a better feeling you will take some time; things don’t work the way they used to 10 years ago.
This leads me to… WE HAVE to stick to the fundamentals!
The fundamentals are boring.. I KNOW!! But they are consistent. And it helps you hit your non-negotiables. I always challenge my clients to come up with these non-negotiables. 3 things you are going to do day in and day out to get you towards a healthier, better feeling YOU! These have to be things that are so easy for you that you will not blow off. Challenge yourself. And be specific. WHAT exactly is it?!
This is what started the FIT GIRL MAGIC! Great habits equal great routines. Routines lead to consistency and that consistency leads to results!! And everyone is looking for results. That is your formula! Find your habits girl!
Look at what is working right now for you and BUILD on that. How do we add a trigger on that? What are you doing now you can build onto? For example… You want to use the Sauna at your gym. So you are going to go to the gym, do your workout, and after your workout you are going to spend 15 minutes in the sauna for some restorative relaxation. The workout is the trigger to get to the sauna!
DO more of what is working. If your non-negotiables are working, what other non-negotiables can you add on? But don’t rush through these and add more stuff after a few days. Do your non-negotiables 30, 60, 90-day increments so you are in a grove before you add anything else on.
Look at your past.
Learn… Where were you when you were at your best? When you do that… Does my life reflect the best of my past? Can you do now what you did in your 30s? Find the new pace that will work for you and be ok with it. Make peace with it. As long as you are moving towards your goals, put the speed on the shelf. As long as you are making forward progress that is what matters. If you don’t know how to find your pace or how to put this all together, that is what a good coach does. A good coach helps you with your blind spots.
You have to have a system, and my first system is the non-negotiables. If you are off track or off point, what are the points you’re trying to get to? Where did you derail?
Because guess what?? If you have a system, you can look back and see where you went off track. Create if-then programming. If this happens, then I will take this action. By doing this, you are already pre-programmed for a PLAN B!
STOP CHASING MOTIVATION
This is definitely going to be a tad bit controversial. BUT! You are never going to be motivated… Motivation is the general willingness to do something. But Steve Pressfield, The author of The War of Art wrote it best… “Motivation; At some point, the pain of not doing it becomes greater than the pain of doing it.” The pain of me not working out, not eating healthy, is GREATER than the pain of doing it. The action precedes motivation.
Start thinking about motivational pieces in your life. When I take action, motivation is like ok… that is what we wanted to do!!
I always tell people; you need to get clear about where you want to go. Then we can get connected. And that connection is your why. It’s your vision. You don’t want to just lose the weight, there is something else there, there is a vision there!! Name that reason and then we can connect to it. When I am connected to my vision, I will ask better questions. If I ask myself better questions, I get better answers. -Tony Robbins
To help you with that motivation, automate a lot of your decisions. Set things up so you just get going and don’t even have to think. Schedule it. Put it in your calendar. Block out time for it and make it a non-negotiable!
BE OKAY WITH BEING IMPERFECT
You get caught up in how things should look. My workouts should look like this. My plate should look like this. My day should look like this. Stop SHOULDING all over the place! Who says?? Who is the judge? We create this pace that is so above our head we can’t see it and it becomes so unrealistic. We have to decide that good enough is good enough. Go for the B-. You don’t have to be an A++ person all the damn time.
This is where I look at my Good, Better, Best method. I was always going for the best.
So, what I do is I say what is Best, Better, and Good and this helps me to break out of that cycle of more and more and more!
For example. Workouts for me.
– 3 days a week is the bare minimum. This is my GOOD.
– 4 days a week is my BETTER.
– 5 days a week is my BEST!
Most weeks I am hitting my 5, but LIFE happens and with this, I am prepared for that.
Ladies, I want you to have this ultimate vision. Where it is you want to go and CONNECT with that. Then everything we talked about will really come to pieces. Once you are connected to that vision, it is time to get you to where you want to be!
Here is a little recap of what we went over!
1. Look at how much time you want to devote to this.
2. What is my life right now vs when I was 30?
3. Stop chasing shiny objects. Truly assess where we are right now in this moment and where we are trying to go
4. 1% better
5. Boring is consistency.
6. Motivation is action.
7. Have that vision of where you want to go and where you see yourself.
Ladies, I want to help you feel good again and I want to help you make yourself a priority again, with the RIGHT tools for you right now, where you are in life. We are not in our 30s and we never will be. Our lives are so different now but that doesn’t mean you can’t feel as good as you did then!
58 Free Fool-Proof Plant-Based Recipes