The average American will consume up to 3,000 calories during the Thanksgiving weekend. You don’t need to be a statistic. Here are a few weeks to beat the Thanksgiving weight gain. Here are few tips to help you stay on track.
- Instead of using the ladle to put gravy on your plate, using a soup spoon instead
- Hold the stuffing and you’ll save over 200 calories.
- Watch your sugar intake this means baked goods, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- If someone asks you to bring something how about you bring some nice healthy veggies — sauteed green beans
- Slow down and eat! Eating too fast doesn’t give your brain a chance to register that you are eating.
- Fulling full? Take dessert to go or have it late night — give yourself time to digest.
Don’t let this or any holiday be your “exception”. I’m not saying don’t enjoy yourself, but make sure you keeping your eye on your long term goal weight loss. Having a big meal can easily derail your hard fought progress.
Need some more tips — check out my posts from the last few years.