Six months ago we are all hyped up about the New Year’s resolutions that we made and here we are 5 months later with little to nothing to show for our efforts. Okay maybe you really tried, but when you didn’t see results IMMEDIATELY you gave up!Â I believe youâ€™ve got three choices:
- give up
- give in
- give it all you got
Now after reading this you are ready to give it all got! Here’s how to make it happen.
- Eat More Often! Eating more frequently helps keep your blood sugar levels even. It balances your energy. You wonâ€™t feel that incredible hunger or struggle with cravings if your body has a consistent supply of nutrition and energy. Starving yourself will only encourage your body to store more fat not less.
- Lift weights! Many of kill yourself with hours of endless cardio. Get off the machines and get into the weight room. I want you to think about weight lifting like this — Cardio is like a gas stove. You turn the pilot on it gets hot IMMEDIATELY you turn off the pilot and it get cool immediately. Now turn on an electric stove, it takes a little bit to heat up but will still glow for quite a bit of time post workout. Think of those 2 stove scenarios as your metabolism. Trust me you may sweat it out on the treadmill, but I want the post workout burn!
- Track your food. When you write down EVERYTHING that you put in your mouth. It holds you accountable. You can look back at your day and see how great things went or learn where your food pitfalls lie. With today’s technology there are ways to track online or track on your smart phone. Now it is important to make sure your 5-6 smaller meals are healthy meals. That means fruits, veggies, lean protein, healthy fats and fiber â€“ not snack cakes or potato chips!
- Want to lose some xtra body fat this summer? You must BURN more calories than you take it.
- 80/20 Rule — Most folks think to live a healthy lifestyle you must live a life of DEPRIVATION! Not at all I want you to think about healthy living like this. If 80% of your meals are clean then you can enjoy 20% off plan. Now that’s something you can live with!
So what’s it going to be? Are you ready to take it to the next level?? I’m here to help, shoot me an email to get started.