I don’t know about you, but how many times have you told to be patient when it came to hitting your health and fitness goals? Have you ever looked up the definition of patience? Patience… the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. The ability to tolerate discomfort.
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
What is it to be patient?
To be patient in the results you are working towards.
To have patience in the process. This had me thinking about this because some things came up in my current summer program with new clients. They wanted just a meal plan given to them to follow and they will do it! But wait…. That is what we USED TO DO, not what we do now! We used to think a meal plan would give us a magical transformation, and BOOM. That is not how it is…
A meal plan is not Amazon Prime. It is not going to give you the transformation you want, so instead, what if you shifted your focus to making little changes that you can do and then, have patience.
Transformation is about patience….
Look at where we have been for the last year and a half. For most of us we can’t go from almost a year in a half kind of sorta, to being ready to hit the ground running in 3.3 seconds. THIS is not how our bodies work. Like it or lump it our bodies don’t just turn on the dot. I wish it was an Amazon prime situation, but it’s not.. Let’s be honest. NOW is the time to really focus on patience. Can we slow down for a hot minute and really make this happen?
Let’s dive into what you have to do before getting started. First you have to understand what your motivation is. Why are you resistant to the change? What comes up for you that makes you feel uncomfortable that you have to pump the brake on?
Why is it so important to change right now, vs. 3,6 months from now? We live in an instant gratification world, so it is your responsibility to move past that and get down to your why so that you can be clear on what you want your outcome to be.
Get clear with your outcome. Define it, be clear on that definition so that everyone knows exactly where you are coming from.
Now, back to patience. The definition is your ability to tolerate discomfort. Losing weight and doing something different can be the definition of discomfort for some of us. Waiting for something we desire does bring up negative feelings because we don’t want to wait! You want to lose weight, why can’t it be right now!? And then you turn to negativity when it doesn’t come as fast as you would like it to. Not sure who needs to hear this, but your weight did not come on fast, so losing it is not going to be fast. It is going to take time, and that takes patience… See how we are always coming back to patience? 12
Our patience is greatly developed throughout our lives. Some of us have patience for one thing but not for another thing. It took me 6 years to get the patience that I have now.
But it had to be shaken into me that I had to have a path and a process, or I’d be repeating the same thing over and over again and get frustrated. So, in order to find that patience, I had to create a path, know my why, my motivation and create a process.
So why do we need patience anyways?
1. Well first, patience is amazing because it lowers our stress levels. When we develop patience around areas of our life, it helps to reduce the stress around those areas. (Being on high alert isn’t something our bodies are used to so it’s not good to be that way all the time. )
2. When you have patience, you don’t go to that negative place. You stay positive and on the right path to continue to your outcome.
3. When you have patience, you make improved decisions, not radical decisions.
4. When you have patience you have more control and resiliency and that helps you to in turn make educated decisions.
5. When you have patience, you are not continuously future-casting or over thinking.
This quote from Arthur Ashe has helped me when I find myself in that over thinking mindset.
“Start where you are, do what you can with what you have.”
Start where you are and do an assessment where you are when you get started.
● How is my sleep?
● How is my stress?
● How is the food I am eating?
● How are your workouts doing?
● What is not in alignment with you getting to your goal in the next 6 months?
Now… If you are someone just getting into working out again, you are not going to get to where you were back then right away. (This also goes for those coming out of the Rona-haze.) So, start with where you are, commit to 2 days a week of working out, have a salad for lunch every day, and try making sure you are going to bed on time and sleeping enough.) Believe me, it is much better to commit to a few things instead of ALLLL the things. Because when we do that, we will get pissed and lose patience!
What causes you to be impatient with your goals? Are you triggered by social media?
What triggers you? Comments by others? A random person or from a doctor? How do you move on to get started? How do you slow down to speed up?
There has to be a plan because how you get to your goals is how you keep your goals. Why do we feel like we need to get to a goal by a certain time? Why do we feel that pressure?
What is the GPS address to your destination? Where are you going? What are your goals? What are the regular obstacles that come up? When you are trying to achieve this goal, what are the obstacles that regularly pop up for you? And how do you get through them? Do you need support for getting through these obstacles? (And please believe that this is not a sign of weakness) Stop letting your perfectionism hold you back. Ask questions and get the help and support you need in order to get to your goals.
Decide that you can’t have it overnight, but you can have this! It is accessible to you! And it will come when it comes!
Then, decide on those 1-3 things that you can do every single day to get you closer to your goals. Your non-negotiables to help you build your long lasting habits.
This is about how you sit in discomfort….. The discomfort of waiting. How do you sit in it? Because that will help you to make better decisions. Patience is a choice…
You decide that it’s worth learning or you decide if it’s worth repeating the same patterns over and over again.
This is why I created Lifestyle 66. It is a way to show you how you build your own particular habits. Take meal plans for example. If they worked for everyone, everyone would have 1 meal plan for the rest of their life, and it would work magically. Meal plans only work until they don’t. With a meal plan, you go on vacation and you’re like crap!
So, this program helps you to create a habit over 66 days. This will give you a visual representation of how to do that. Pick any habit you want to accomplish over 66 days and you have me to help you and guide you through that. I will help you get through obstacles, as well as brainstorm strategies and tips on how to get you through the first 66 days of that habit.
If you are interested, shoot me a message on social media or send me an email and we can set up a time to talk to help you get through Lifestyle 66!!! I look forward to seeing you there!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kimbarnesjeffersoncoach
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/