Tweet: Pico de Gallo can be a lifesaver when #dieting!
It’s a low calorie and healthy topping for salads and more. When I was doing fitness competitions as I got closer to show my food choices became very
limited. I needed something to zest up my foods so I wasn’t SO BORED! needed a way to add flavor without adding calories. Then it came to me…. Pico de Gallo! It’s fresh, full of veggies and it tastes great! I top my salad with some grilled chicken and Pico de Gallo and BOOM healthy lunch. I can use it on my eggs or other lean proteins.
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, deseeded and chopped (use more or less based on how much spice you like)
- 5 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of a lime
- Put the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, green onions, and fresh garlic into a bowl.
- Pour lime juice over the mixture.
- Add the garlic powder and mix everything well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.