We all know the benefits of eating organically, but where you can find them.
- Organics Online. There are several websites devoted to purchasing organic fruits and vegetables. Some sites offer you the opportunity to buy directly online, while others give you lists of places where you can purchases fruits and vegetables. The Organic Consumers Association has a comprehensive website that is totally devoted to organic foods. Here you will find lists of places where you can purchase organic foods.
- Farmer’s Markets. This is a great place to find organic fruits and vegetables. Once you have determined that the market is in fact organic, you will be afforded the opportunity to purchase freshly picked fruits and vegetables when in season. In fact, you may find that the prices are a bit less than traditional supermarkets that carry organic products. Click here to find one in yourÂ neck of the woods.
- Grown Your Own Organic Garden. This is probably the best way to ensure your fruits and vegetables are grown safely and pesticide free. If you want to take it to the next level you can also start to compost.
- Local Supermarkets.Â Like anything more and more consumers are demanding organics. If you go into any mainstream store you will find a large number of organic foods to choose from.
- Organic Co-ops. This is probably the most inexpensive way to obtain organic fruits and vegetables. There are many food cooperatives which offer discounts to its members based on bulk buying. Not only can you save money, but you are helping these local farmers to continue to provide organic foods at low prices. The only requirement is that if you buy in bulk, you have enough storage space where you can easily store the fruits and vegetables for a few months. To learn more click here.Â Â You can also look into CSAs where they deliver typically to you door or a agreed upon meeting spot once every few weeks.
If you have any other tips, I’d love to hear them, please leave a comment below.