Filling your meals with spicy and flavorful food will boost your metabolism, help you manage your portions better, and make you look forward to our meals! This cumin chicken is so easy to make and you can reduce the spice factor by changing to a mild hot sauce (or ramp it up with a spicier hot sauce).
It’s great topped with chopped avocado or homemade guacamole and Pico de Gallo!
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Combine 2 tsp cumin in a bowl with the garlic salt, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Sprinkle the cumin mixture onto both sides of each piece of chicken and rub it all over to cover.
- Brown the chicken over medium heat in a skillet with the oil.*
- Mix the hot sauce, water, bouillon, and 1 tsp cumin in a bowl and pour over the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and cook the sauce on medium-high heat until thickened. Drizzle over the chicken.
I’ve also grilled this. I took the oil and put it in the ingredients from number 1. Rubbed them on the chicken and then put on the grill. You can also do the same thing and bake the chicken. All very flavorful.
[Tweet “Spicy food is great for your metabolism as well as keeping your appetite at bay. Try this flavorful cumin #chicken!”]
Would you like more recipes‘