When it comes to talking to people on our podcast, I always look for people who can help to enhance your understanding about health, fitness and dieting. It is my goal to bring you an array of people to help you broaden your knowledge of these things! And’I think that I am doing a pretty good job with that! (Gonna’toot my own horn!lol) And’this podcast is no different! Start losing weight with 2 simple steps” YES PLEASE!
- How Long Does It Take To Get Fit?|0701
- Client Testimonial: Thank you for teaching me balance|153
- Are You Working On Your Mindset| 0624
- Do You Know What Brings You Joy?|152
- How Do You Know What To Eat? |6
- How to focus on the little things and get results| 151
- Why Women Over 40 Need To Strength Train| 5
- You Are Enough| 150
- Stress Free Summer Masterclass
- Making Time for Self-Care (Even if you’re Super-Busy
- What To Do When Your Diet Stops Working| 149
- Want To Lose Weight? Manage Your Stress | 0527
- How To Have A Stress Free Summer| 148
- Sleeping the 1st big rock
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Weight | 147
- Are you ready to break up with your diet mindset? |146
- The 4 Steps To Consistency Over 40 | 0506
- 5 tips to get ready for summer over 40| 145
- Consistency Is King Over 40 | 0429
- Why you need mobility and strength| 144
- You Can't Always Be On A Diet | 0422
- Why Are You Really Dieting? | 143
- You Can't Do It On Your Own| 0415
- How To Stop Letting Self Doubt Hold You Back|142
- Stop Trying to Be 30 | 141
- Stop Trying To Be 30 | 5
- The 4 Ms Method | 0327
- The Power of Movement | 0324
- How Exercise Effects Your Metabolism| 0327
- Katie Veazie Strength Training Builds Confidence | 140
- Are You Working Out Too Much? | 4
- Is Self Care Bull Sh*t? | 139
- You don't have to spend hours in the gym to see results! | 2
- Creating A Sustainable Healthy Life Over 40 | 138
- I Must Workout Hard To Get Results
- Workouts Don't Need To Crush You Kim| 137
- Why Do I Feel So Behind
- The Secrets To Getting Better Results With A Coach| 136
- Client Testimonial: The Power of Mindset| 135
- The Power Of A Flexible Metabolism| 134
- How to make exercise a habit Kim | 133
- How To Reset Your Wellness| 132
- Client Testimonial: How To Trust Your Journey| 131
- What Makes A Great Fitness Coach| 130
- Are You Ready To Stop Making These Nutrition Mistakes? |129
- The 10 Fitness Mistakes You are Making| 128
- Client Testimonial: I finally had a weight loss strategy|127
- It's possible to have balance in life| 126
- 6 keys to struggle free weight loss| 125
- How To Find Your Blind Spots |124
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Can’t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and What To Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
My guest, Claudia Wilson,MS,RDN, CSSD is so amazing! Not only as a person but’at what she does as well, plus she has a bunch of letters after her name! (wink) She has written a book called’One-Two Punch’and it is making the heads of people spin at how simple’it can be to lose weight and be healthy! Like 2 STEPS PEOPLE!
So here is a little bit about her! Claudia is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, a Board-Certified Specialist in Sports Nutrition (CSSD) and a Strength and Conditioning Specialist/Trainer (CSCS) with a master’s degree. Short version, she’s a health and lifestyle coach. She created ONE-TWO PUNCH to simplify eating, provide education on nutrition and offer tools to have at your fingertips. The book came together from meeting with thousands of clients and creating a method that is easy, doable and sustainable.Food touches every aspect of our lives, and everyone needs to eat. Because of this, your relationship to food and your body is important, but it doesn’t need to be hard. ONE-TWO PUNCH shows you how!
This book is really the bomb dot com, and you have to pick up a copy for yourself. I love this book because it is simple! It doesn’t over complicate things and it really breaks down the education on these 2 things that you can do to start losing weight. This is a book that hasn’t been published before. It is a concept that Claudia came up with because she saw how making things overcomplicated can just stress us out! It’s the complicated diets and fads that make people say, NOPEEE I am not doing this!They get stressed and things end up sometimes worse than when they started. A healthy level of cortisol is helpful, but too much works against us if we are trying to get to a healthy weight or stay at a healthy weight!
So, by simplifying the process, we can understand clearly what we are doing and stick to it with 2 simple steps. And we have to start by understanding that our stomach is like an incinerator. When the doors are open, you are going to burn food when you are hungry. When the doors are closed, you are putting food on a closed-door incinerator and it’s going to sit there and there is more potential for fat storage! So, what does this mean’Eat when you are hungry, NOT 5 times a day!
Our society is so fixated on saying that it is bad’to get hungry because it could lower your metabolism or lead to overeating and’this 5 meals’a day grew and morphed from those concepts.Not to mention most diets are promoted from, I am going to solve your hunger as if it is this really bad thing.So instead, we need to be comfortable with hunger. We need to know what it ACTUALLY feels like to be hungry!!!
If you are regimented and attached to a schedule and routine to eating, psychologically there is a reason why you are adhering to it, and it can be very hard to break out of it. So, it will take some work. If you are trying to get to a point where you are listening to your hunger, then you will need to check iIn with yourself during your daily schedule. Instead of following through with eating at your scheduled time, stop and see if you are actually hungry.
Now if you are overeating daily, not attached to a schedule, but just eating whenever you feel like you need to or are compelled to, there is a reason for this, and we have to dig down into this. Are you an emotional eater or eating when you are stressed’ Now, this can be painful to look at the reason you are overeating, I am not going to lie. But it is the only way to get to a place of just not doing itThe only way to get THROUGH is THROUGH!
Listen, we all know that over-eating feels good.. That is the whole point… But we sure as heck don’t like’the outcome. So going through this is going to be very hard. It is actually called the SHIT PILE! Everything that needs to be dealt with goes into that shit pile.And the clients that get better, are the ones that go to the epicenter of the shit pile.It’stinks and it’s awful but eventually they come out on the other side. So, step in and own that shit!!!
Once you have figured out your shit and the reasons for your overeating, you are going to jump into the 2 main rules when it comes to eating in the One-Two Punch. Focus on these 2 things and your life is going to be SIMPLER!!
1. Recognize when you are hungry. Give your body food when it’s most likely to burn it. (When you are hungry)
2. Eat a fist size portion of protein and a fist size portion of carbs when you are hungry, every time you eat. Don’t worry about grams, calories, etc.
By doing this, the One-Two Punch and by balancing those 2 things, you are going to avoid sugar highs and lows, you are going to stay full longer, feel better and feel more balanced.
Now, super important, don’t think about all the things you cannot eat. Because that is just going to trigger you to think about those things and crave them more. Instead look at it as balancing those carbs, etc. This is not about what you can’and can’t eat. If you want a piece of chicken and a cupcake. Then have that. Just make sure it is the size of your fist. And don’t do it every night. But if you have that craving, go for it instead of avoiding it.
EVERY single diet starts with the Do’s and Don’ts of that diet. What you can and can’t eat. It’s black and white and it leaves no room for gray areas. Allow yourself to be satisfied with your food as well. So, if you keep denying yourself that 1 cookie, you are going to try and eat 10 different things to get over that cookie. And in the end, EATING THE COOKIE was the best option out of everything!
With the One-Two Punch there is no wagon to fall off of here. So, if you cave and have that cookie, its ok! You aren’t self-sabotaging yourself. You aren’t going against anything. Just keep moving forward. This goes for if you had too much in a meal. So, you overate!!! IT IS OK!! Take a deep breath, hydrate yourself and WAIT until the next time you are’hungryyyy!!!
I also want you to think about this though There is always a cause and effect. Why was I hungry all day’ Did I drink enough water’ Did I sleep enough last night’ Ask yourself some questions, because then you can start to recognize patterns. There is always a’why’as to why it happened.
Now in the book, it is split into 3 parts:
1. Burn when you are hungry.
2. Balance protein and carb
3. Become Become is the practice to becoming thee’you, you’have always wanted to be.
Practicing these principles in the book will help lead you to that person you want to be.
So how do you know if what you are doing is working’Claudia recommends NOT getting on the scale!! If you get on there and nothing is happening, you immediately say this isn’t working and need a stricter diet! If you lose weight, you start to not pay as much attention to when you are hungry or full. Then if you gain weight, you know it doesn’t work and you think you need a stricter diet. Something you know is working.
Instead, try to be patient. Your clothes will start being lose that is the first sign. Hang in there with the practice! Stay in the moment and don’t future cast. What do you need to focus on in the next hour and today’ Let’s FOCUS on the next time you get hungry! And just keep doing that over and over again.
Losing weight can be a complicated, an up and down journey, but a journey that is worth taking to get to the other’side. I like this because we can still do all the heavy lifting over here, while still focusing on a fist full of protein and a fist full of carbs!Because when I have control I can start chipping away at other things in my life.
What is one thing that makes you feel magical
I am lucky that I like to exercise, and when I finish a cardio workout, I feel magical. I feel like I can conquer the day!!
Also, the other space is when I am laughing. When I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts, my abs hurt, and I am almost crying. I LOVE that laughter. I love it when that happens and that feels magical to me.
Magic makers this is SUCH a great book, definitely get it and read it! It is seriously going to change your life! Want to get the book for free’ Head to the link’Here’and just pay $4 shipping and Claudia will send you the book for free! Be sure to use the code:MAGIC
Use the code: MAGIC to receive a FREE book when you pay $4 shipping/handling