In today’s busy world, it is hard to find time to do all of the things we need and want to do.Â Most of us… Read More »Fitting a Workout into Your Daily Schedule
Did you know that the average American will consume 3,000 calories and 229 grams of fat on Thanksgiving Day? That can really derail your nutrition and workout plan. Here are the Top 5 Reasons to workout rather than doing typical Thanksgiving activities.Read More »5 Reasons To Workout On Thanksgiving
Not it…. I am roughly 5 weeks out from a NE Classic. Here is where the dollar values double. Eat clean, lift heavy, do your cardio or GO HOME. Everything counts! My cardio has gone from 45 min to 60 minutes 6x/week. I have a confession. I HATE CARDIO. Yes, I hate it. I know that their are many pros and cons to cardio, but its the best way I know to lean out of a show. I can strength train all day long, but ask me to do cardio longer than 30 minutes the excuse monster comes up with some real doozies.Â Being on a piece of a equipment for 60 minutes makes me kooky. But it has to be done.Â Here’s my plan. I play a ton of mind games.
- The first game I play is splitting it up.
- 30 minutes in the AM and 30 minutes at night.
- I machine hop, if I’m at the gym at all off peak time
- 20 min of running intervals
- 20 min step mill (love this machine)
- 20 min elliptical
- I watch TV, give me a MTV marathon or VH1 decade count down and I’m hooked (see why I stink)
- I will do metabolic circuits where I swing a kettlebell for 1 minute and then jump rope for 1 min and rest for 1 minuteRead More »Are U A Cardio Queen?
The Falmouth Road Race doesn’t allow ipods so I have been training without one. I am now realizing that listening to your footsteps and your breath while you run is quite meditative.