- 1 1/4 lb leftover Turkey chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crush red pepper
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground 4-pepper blend
- (2) 28-oz cans diced tomatoes, with liquid, no salt added
- (1) 15-oz can Bush’s Best pinto beans, liquid drained
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 pkg 6-oz each, sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup all natural, no sugar apple juice
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Spray pot with cooking spray, put in your chopped leftover Turkey
- Add the garlic, onion and red pepper. Cook for 3 minutes and add crushed red pepper, 2 tsp Italian seasoning and fresh ground 4-pepper blend. Cook for 8 minutes, then transfer to a large pot.
- Add the tomatoes with the liquid, the pinto beans with the liquid, the cooked turkey bacon and the hot sauce. Stir in the zucchini and mushrooms.
- Bring to a simmer and add 1 tsp Italian seasoning, then reduce to low heat. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve over brown rice.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Cholesterol: 13 mg