What exactly are the Pillars Of Weightloss?Â What does it all boil down to? And where is it that you need to focus on in order to have the most success?Â The mistake I find people making are trying to focus on ALL 4 things at once, instead of focusing on one at a time.Â And when you focus on all at once, you tend to not see the results you had hoped for and you give up before you REALLY GET GOING.Â Yes, they all interplay together, but it is much easier to get to where you need to be when you hit one at a time and move on to the next slowly.Â So, what are the 4 pillars of weight loss?
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
Now, we have the 4 pillars, BUT what are you going to focus on first?Â Here are 4 steps to figuring out whatÂ you are going to focus on first.
- Make that CHOICE, where are you going to focus? Nutrition, mindset, habits or exercise?
- Make it soooo clear as to what your goal is. Make sure everyone on the street knows what your goal is.
- CONNECT to that goal. It is your WHY.Â You can see your vision of yourself achieving this goal. You are willing to get creative.
- COURAGE… Courage to keep on going. It isnâ€™t going to be smooth sailing!! Something doesn’t go the way you want, and you give up.Â So you have to keep going and fight through the malarkey! The BS storyâ€™s you tell yourself.
And then working through this, you will get consistency.
Alright, so you have figured out which you are going to focus on first, now letâ€™s dive more into each one of these pillars so you can gain a better understanding of each.
The first we are going to talk about is Nutrition!Â The great JackÂ LaLane always said, â€œNutrition is Queen and fitness is King.â€Â and so many want to do it the other way around. You want to exercise your way into whatever your goal is, vs focus on nutrition. Nutrition is a loaded freaking question and you have to know what the hell you are eating!Â So, tracking your food will be key here and I know a lot of people donâ€™t like to do this.Â BUT look at tracking as your bank account.Â You need to know what is going on in and out of that bank account, so you NEED to know what is going in that body.Â So, this means you are going to have to track calories and figure out how many calories you need daily to lose the weight. Letâ€™s start with taking your goal weight and multiplying it by 10, 11, or 12.Â So 160 x 12 = 1920 calories I need daily to get to that target weight.Â Or 160 x 10 = 1600 calories to get to your target weight.
Play around with what you are taking in daily and adjust as you see you need it.Â If you have more than 10 pounds you want to lose, I want you to do these goals in 10-pound increments. I donâ€™t want you to starve. I want this to be attainable. You start here and tweak it as you go. So, you are going to ask yourself, â€œare you hungry, what is your energy level like, are you craving, what is your sleep like and what is your stress like?â€Â If it is all working well, then stay with this 1920.Â If all of that stuff isn’t working, then we need to start looking closer at this number.
You must track your food, especially if you are one of those people that life always happens, and you just don’t eat as much as you should, or you are easily tempted.Â I challenge you to sit down and write about what you are going to eat for the next 24 hours.
Soups, shakes, scrambles and salads. In all of these things, you are able to get a variety of foods. And they are soo easy to add in protein and eat them any time of the day, as long as it makes it easy for you to get in quality meals.
Pillar number 2 we are going to talk about is Exercise.Â Â For many people, exercise is easy.Â And then there are other people that ask me, how do I burn more calories?Â But what if you are not able to spend 1-2 hours a day at the gym?Â So, I want you to think of exercise as a vitamin.Â It is nice to have vitamins and they are good to take it.Â But it’s not the same as taking blood pressure medication.Â Right?Â Exercise is a nice way to put the cherry on top of the sundae.
You have to make a choice. What are you trying to accomplish with this exercise?
- Fat loss?
- Build strength and muscle?
Can I add more strength to my life? Pure strength?Â The harder you push on that cardio, the harder your metabolism is going to push back and up those cravings. So the best way I know how to burn more calories is to add more muscle to your body.Â (NOOO you wonâ€™t look like a man and get bulky!)Â This would include strength training to get your body looking fit and fabulous!
I have done multiple podcast episodes on pillar number 3, habits. Â Habits are my jam and I know for a fact that if you don’t have strong habits, it’s really easy to flip back.Â One way to create better habits is to stack your habits.Â Which just means to add an extra habit into habits you are already doing throughout the day.
Taking drinking more water.Â In order for me to drink coffee,Â I need to drink water in between cups.Â This is a great habit for me to create so that I can make sure I am getting enough water throughout my day.Â I also set my class as a trigger for water.Â I make sure I drink 16 oz of water before that class is over.Â This is one simple one that you can start with!Â BUT DO NOT try starting 500 new habits at once.Â Pick 1 whether it is trying to break a habit or create a new habit throughout your day.Â Here is where you have to get the courage. You have to get creative as to how to break a habit or get the courage to and add one in and commit to it.
Let me know in the comments the what habit youâ€™d like to start or stop. Â
The last and simply not least pillar of weight loss is mindset. Â And the 2 biggest types of mindset I see are striving for absolute perfection & the all or nothing approach. Perfection, everything has to be perfect, but we have to tweak things as we go so it’s not personal.Â All or nothing, either eating amazing or no, Can having 2 chocolate chip cookies, take you out of the game.
The key to mindset is to you have to set smaller goals.Â Create a 24 hour plan.Â When you wake up and go to bed, this is what is going to happen. And when you write down that blueprint, it is going to stick in your head.Â It may take more time but write down that plan because I want you to write it out so you can see what you are doing every day.Â If you see you eat chocolate cookies every day.Â How is this adding or subtracting from your goals?
Writing things down also helps you to ask better questions. IF & THEN.Â If I have chocolate chip cookies, THEN I am only going to eat one or THEN I am not eating off my kidâ€™s plates.Â THEN, these are healthier alternatives.Â But trust me, there will be times with fun foods, but what is going to happen on the other side of that.Â Balanceâ€¦ So the more you restrict and ban things, the more likely you are going to lose your shit!
So how do you blend foods and not ban foods?Instead of thinking about â€œI need to take awayâ€… think about â€œWhat can I add?â€. Â Focus on something like protein.Â Can you add 20-30 grams of protein into every meal you eat? Can you have at least 1-2 servings of vegetables with 2-3 meals?
I need you to start asking yourself, â€œHOW DO I BREAK FREE OF THIS and get that consistency?â€Â So, start by thinking in terms of HOW CAN I WIN. NOT How can I mess this up?Â How can I achieve the goal today?Â
So what pillar are you going to start with first?Â What are the goals you are setting for yourself in your journey?Â And how can I help you achieve these goals?
STARTING in January, I am going to be doing a 30-day Challenge.Â And itâ€™s all about strength. How do you build strength?Â It comes in 2 forms. Â Strength in your Mindset and in your body.Â The more strength you build in your body, the less you have to focus on calories because you will than have more muscle in your body to burn those calories!
If you got stronger and had more muscle on your body, how could that change your life?
So if you want to get lean and sexy this coming January 2021 join hereÂ
And let me know in the comments and on the socialsâ€¦. How can I make this journey as seamless and effortless as possible??Â LMK!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
Lean and Sexy Over 40 https://kimbarnesjefferson.lpages.co/leanandsexyjanuary