How do we live a healthy lifestyle and be a healthy person that is on automatic, without obsessing and trying to figure out the perfect fat loss food or perfect workout? I get this question a lot, I ask my clients to start with the basics.
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
These questions arenâ€™t wrong but we have to start by changing that dialogue and thinking of your journey as you are on more like a bowling lane, and these are the lanes to help you to stay out of the gutter, and if you fall into the gutter, just pick up the ball and roll it back up to you.Â That is about creating a healthy lifestyle, not creating the lifestyle that you are ready to cheat on it!
Letâ€™s dive right into it!Â We are going to start right away with eating to feel satisfied and satiated…Â Letâ€™s start by saying, â€œWhen I eat, I want to feel satisfied after I eat a meal.â€Â Not stuffed but satisfied!Â When you eat, I want you to think of yourself on a full level of 1 to10.Â 1 being you are starving, and you could eat your dang hand, and 10 being you need to unbutton your pants and take a napâ€¦. I want after you eat to be between a 5 and a 7, where what you ate was just the right amount of food!
Start by looking at foods that fit into our lifestyle, your cooking and your prepping.Â If you want to follow a meal plan program and work out that makes you feel like a winner than do that!! I want you to feel every day that you crushed it! Not that it beat the crap out of you!
Stay in tune with your bodies. As you eat, are you feeling hungry, are you craving like a crazy person, are you bloated, are you tired, what is your energy level?? If you feel like crap, then you know that this isnâ€™t the diet or you. If one of these are off, then start playing detective to see what food is causing it.
How many meals a day should I eat?Â That is a question I get asked a lot, and a lot of people follow the 5-6 meals a day program but there isnâ€™t any conclusive evidence that says eating this many meal a day will stoke your metabolism.Â I always tell my clients to eat when you are hungry!! Or if you want to drop it down a few meals, start by moving down to 4 meals a day and eat when you are hungry, not by the clock!Â Â Are your meals satisfying enough? Because remember, you want to stay within the 5-7 ratio. What do your meals look like?Â If you are eating like an asshole, you are not going to lose weight!!!Â You need to eat according to our goals.
[Tweet “Had a bad meal? Itâ€™s ok!!! DUST YOURSELF OFF! You didnâ€™t kill anyone, you didnâ€™t take out a family, you just didnâ€™t eat something on plan!Â So, move on to the next day!”]
If you are following another protocol as we speak, I want you to step back and take a pause! I know this can be hard to pause and take a step back, so I challenge you to take a pause on whatever protocol you are following. Letâ€™s make a deal that we are going to stop worrying about what we should do, and really focus on what can I do consistently? I want your habits to create great routines, and those routines to create consistency and its consistency that creates lasting results.Â If we donâ€™t start out with good habits, your routines arenâ€™t going to be great and your consistency, nope, so there wonâ€™t be any results!!
I challenge you to say if you are currently following a specific diet, thatâ€™s ok!! Go back and ask yourself those questions above!! Am I hungry, howâ€™s my cravings? IF all of those are doing great and you are able to do it consistently, then rock on with your bad self!!! BUT if you are doing something and you know you feel like crap all the damn time so just pass me the damn chocolate, then we have to figure out something else.
REPS! Â You have to run whatever you are currently doing now, through the REPS Formula!Â Is it realistic based on what my life is? Am I excited about it? Can I plan it into my life and is it sustainable? Â The REPS formula works all the time!! EVERY DAY!Â
Go through your program and protocol and ask yourself is it realistic for you? Are you excited? Do you have a plan that fits into your life? Listen here as I break it down
Your lifestyle goals are always going to be about the REPS Formula.Â If you want a lean life, your food and workouts need to fit within your life to be a part of your lifestyle!Â You have to have a plan!Â You cannot wing this and when you do wing it, that is when the OOPS tends to happen.Â With the plan, you have to make sure you are getting enough food with the right types of food as well as the right portion size. You want to eat enough food to keep you satisfied until your next meal and of course, it has to look good! That means Proteins, vegetables, fiber and healthy fats with every meal.
So how do we get the right amount of food and right types?Â Â The overall goal of this in order to lose weight is to be in a caloric deficit.Â So you have to make sure your meals satisfy you, but also put you in that caloric deficit.Â [You can listen to that here in this Podcast.]
But how do you automate your food?Â 70% of your plate has to be protein and vegetables and the rest of your plate is going to be a starchy carbohydrate and good fats.Â Â Then you are going to have to pay attention to your body to make this automatic. How do you feelâ€¦ Â How did that meal make you feel?Â How did that workout make you feel?Â How do you feel after you eat?Â How does your food make you feel?Â That will be a telltale sign on what to put onto the good food and bad good list!
How do you set up this plan and create this plan?Â If you say my goal is to be healthier, awesome letâ€™s do it. What can you do right now?Â Adding some more vegetables? Letâ€™s be specific. Lunch and dinner. How do you make sure you have them at both times? What are you going to buy so that you can make sure of this?Â Life happens, we know this to be oh so true, but you had a plan and things change. Something may not be within the blueprint, but what is the alternative to stay on track instead?
This is what the bulk of my coaching is with my clients.Â I work with my clients to take their big visions and help break it down into manageable steps!Â I know so many of you that given the right tweaks, we can tune that radio so that you get in on that right frequency that works best for you!Â Â So, comment below, or give me a shout over on social if this is what you are looking for and if this sounds like you!Â I would love to get to know you better and see how I can help girl!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/