Whether you know it or not, we all go through stages of change. It is how our minds and bodies work. Recently, in my membership group, I was talking about weight loss and I have a few ladies in the group that have a long way to go, and with anything we want things to be immediate. It’s who are as humans, as individuals! But we know it doesn’t happen overnight.
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
Change is also not linear! It’s up and down and all over the place. Change can take months, or it can take years. So, one of the biggest things I work with my clients on is breaking the status quo. Breaking the rules of what you have followed since day one, years ago and breaking up with those old habits so that you can make the changes you want in your life!
There are 5 Stages Of Change. They were developed by a doctor by the name of James Prochaska.
4. Action Phase
All humans, regardless of the changes we want to make, there are these 5 steps that we go through! And listen, I don’t care what you’re trying to change, there are still 5 steps that you must move your way through.
Step 1 is Pre-Contemplation.
You may not even think that there is a problem to be solved. You may be living in denial, or maybe you tried to change in the past, but it was too hard… This is when you go to your doctor and they are like “Cindy you are pre-diabetic, if you don’t lose 50 pounds, I am going to have to put you on meds to help with your blood sugar.”
This is something that might shock you into awareness or an outside force that is telling you that there is a problem. Some people don’t want to change, and they will stay here. Others will say thanks for the news, but I can’t do it because I’ve tried in the past. So let’s figure out where the barriers are and where it became complicated for them. As a coach, I want my clients to be so in tuned in their bodies that they don’t need me. So, we have to work together to get there!
Step 2 is Contemplation.
This is the, “I am thinking about it.” stage. You see yourself in a pair of pants and you are like, woahh… I need to get serious about losing some weight.
Then you make some vague plans to change… BUT you also may remain here for a few years, gathering information and trying to figure out the best place for you to go to make this change. Uncertainty and overwhelm happen because now you are trying to figure out what you are going to gain vs. what you are going to have to give up!
So… are you doing all this research, and everyone is telling you that you need to do alllll of these things and getting all these no no-nos?? And you are like “Blah!!! I have to give up a lot and I am not ready for that!” This is where a coach comes in and helps you get excited with YOUR change!! Not anyone else’s change!! This is your journey to walk down, and your journey is so much more different than everyone else’s!
A coach will help you get clear on what you are trying to achieve. What behaviors make the most sense for you? What is your reason or your why?? What are your challenges? And we will identify solutions for those challenges so that you can do it at your own pace!
Stage 3 is Preparation.
This is the, “What do we do now?” stage. I am going to work with you to create small steps. We are going to find out what the barriers are for you and figure out your why so we can experiment with different solutions. This is where we get to creating your own personal blueprint/plan!
One of the things I do when I work with my clients to create a plan is we figure out what our non-negotiables are. These are simple healthy things that you can do day in and day out, so you don’t feel nutso! Three simple things you know you can do every day to move in the right direction.
Now the same thing goes for the things that you are not willing to give up.
When we know what those are, then we can work on those things as to what they are and see how we can fit them into your diet. Candy, chocolate, sour patch kids, cream, and sugar in coffee? What is it you need? And how can we make it work? What makes you feel happy… and how can we blend it into your life? Let’s make this like Goldilocks. Not too much, not too little, justttt right!
So, I focus on creating this blueprint and plan with each of my clients so that we don’t get squirrely and lose patience. Each plan is unique to that person and it will always be there to remind you of your strengths and that you can do this!!
Stage 4 is the Action Phase.
The “I got this.” phase. Here is where we start to really change our surroundings. Maybe we are being more mindful of what we are doing and choosing. And this is where other people will start to notice your own true commitment!
You are now feeling more confident practicing these new healthy behaviors!! And guess what??? Behaviors become habits and routines because this is who you are now, and it doesn’t feel awkward anymore to do it over and over again daily!! This phase is really where we start to focus on making this effortless. But be aware of things, because here is where there becomes a hard chance of relapse or lapse…
As a coach, I work with my clients to clearly identify your ideal outcome of all the things.
What are you looking for in your health and what are the obstacles? What is the plan for what is next if we tripped and fell? We need to break down where the kink in the chain was so that one misstep doesn’t make it all crumble
Let’s define the good, the bad, and ugly and breakthrough that all or nothing cycle!!!
Stage 5 is Maintenance.
The “I am still going.” phase. This is when you become the energizer bunny!!! You are daily practicing goals, and daily practicing habits. Now you will actively pay attention to 4 areas of your life that need to stay burning to keep you warm!
With maintenance, we are always going to be tweaking the heat on 1 of these 4 burners!
So just working on subtle ways to make a change and subtle ways to why we are doing this. You have to be your own cheerleader and reconnect to why you want to do this and why you wanted it in the first place! And guess what, as a coach, I am going to be there for you to prevent you from a downward spiral!!!
Are you in the midst of this stage model? If so, where are you at in these stages of change?
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/