I saw this in a blog post that was so unrelated to nutrition, but it get me thinking. Do we go through our lives and just want to get through the day.
You know what I’m talking about. You think if I just keep my head down it will all be okay. Now if I asked you is that surviving or thriving what would you say’ Pick me — it’s surviving I know that Gloria Gaynor’s I Will Survive song is so suppose to be the female national anthem, but it’s all about surviving. Once you survive is there more’ Can you then THRIVE’
Do you want to thrive’ Just follow these 7 steps.
- Remind yourself of past successes. Remember a time when you set you mind to something and achieved it. Think about how you felt once you achieved it. Now keep those feelings and use them to push you towards your new goal(s).
- Confront your fears. Sit down and write down what fears you have around starting this goal or is it what might happen if you achieved it. Now that you have your list think them through what can you change to make those fears go away.
- Repeat after me you are not perfect. Us ladies like to hold up this perfect stick and if we are not measuring up to it we give up. Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. Ladies STOP IT! No one is holding the perfect stick expect for us. Let’s stop trying to perfect just promise to give it our best. If get knocked down, promise yourself you’ll dust yourself off and get back up!
- Be grateful for what you have. This is really simple, appreciate what you have. Others are less fortunate than you. Just turn on the evening news and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
- Focus on what you can do versus what you can’t. Remember that we all have to start somewhere. Start from where you are and focus on that. Set mini goals, remember we can going for the long haul versus short term victories.
- Love yourself! That’s right. We have a habit of talking to ourselves worse than we would talk to strangers on the street! Now I want you to look at yourself in the mirror and say “I’m doing the best I can!” Eventually you will believe that and take ACTION!
- Find a role model We all have someone in our lives that are living the life that we want. Reach out to them. Ask them how they do it. Ask them if they are willing to be your mentor. When you have someone to check in with and hold you accountable you are more likely succeed with your goals.
Now if you are thriving your theme song will be
Just keeping your head down and trying not to draw too much attention is not the way to live! Nothing helps me thrive like a deadline! I would love to hear how you are going to thrive, leave me some comments below.