Yes, it’s that time of year. In just 30 days, we’ll start thinking about New Years Resolutions. Did you know that 71% of all resolutions makers fail make their resolutions?.Â Here are the top 6 reasons why we fail to stick with our New Years Resolutions.
- It takes longer than we thought. On January 1st we decide that we want to lose 30 pounds by the end of month and we are royally pissed off when we only lose 2 pounds, so we throw in the towel.
- It’s harder than we thought. We decide to stop eating desert, but when that brownie or chocolate pudding calls our name and we can’t resist, we decide to throw in the towel.
- Other things get in the way. A recent study completed by the University of Helsinki found that if you consistently work more than 40 hours and you have to manage a hectic life outside of work and are over 40 years old your chances of losing weight will be harder. According to the survey of the men and women who fell into this category 25% of the women and 19% of the men gained weight in the previous year.
- Our actual outcomes don’t make our anticipated outcomes. No matter, what you tell yourself about why you are trying to achieve a goal, it all boils down to getting happy.Â When we reach our goal and we aren’t HAPPY then we conclude that the goal was a waste of time.
- We celebrate too soon. It’s great to set small goals, and celebrate them, but it’s not a license for jackass behavior.Â If you reward yourself with food, make it a slice of pizza vs. the whole pizza.
- Some goals, are a lifestyle. 95% of all diets fail because once we lose the weight, we go back to our old habits and expect that we won’t put the weight back on. Maintaining a new lifestyle is HARD!
This year, don’t accept defeat! Know that these 6 resolution busters are coming for you are prepare accordingly.Â To learn more tune in for part 2 of this series.