Tis the season for family gatherings filled with tasty and tempting treats. How can one not be tempted’ Here are some tips to help you stay on track!
- Have a Fitness Plan: Every Sunday I set down and schedule in my workouts and treat them like an appointment I can’t break. So. go ahead and grab your calendar and schedule in your workouts. Without this written commitment it’s a slippery slope to not working out until after the holidays are over. So set a plan and STICK with. Need someone to hold you accountable, give me a shoot me an email.
- Moderation: You can have a small taste, without blowing it! Allow yourself to indulge a little here and there, but limit your portions. When you are out make smart decisions around where you will indulge and most importantly don’t feel guilty about it.
- Do Something Active Each Day: Even if you only have 30 minutes, you can go for a walk, short run, or take a group fitness class, but make sure you move! This will help burn off some of those indulgences and help reduce some of that holiday stress.
- Eat more protein and veggies: If you plan on indulging make sure you pile both protein and veggies on your plate, they take your body a little bit longer to digest so you feel full longer. Did you know that protein can increase your metabolism by up to 20%.
- Limit Your Alcohol Consumption: Yes, you have been told about the health benefits of wine, but too much of a good thing does contribute to weight gain. You are better off eating an extra treat than consuming multiple cocktails.
- Drink Plenty Of Water: Did you know that our bodies sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. So make sure you are drinking enough water on a regular basis. Water will also help you feel full. Some find it easier to remember to drink by having a gallon of water on their desk and just drink from it all day.
- Don’t skip meals. If you know you are heading to a party, you decide to skip lunch because you will make it up at the party. Just say NO! Skipping meals during the holidays is a recipe for DISASTER!! You will arrive hungry and will just over eat.
- Remove all foods that will cause you to binge. You know what I’m talking about’ Is it Aunt Mary’s Christmas cookies, is it your Grandmother fudge’ Mine is Egg Nog, can’t get enough, and so guess what I don’t buy it. Egg Nog leads to jack ass behavior! So.. don’t be a jackass, if you have anything that causes you to loose your mind DON’T buy it!
- Brush Your Teeth Following A Meal: Sounds silly but who wants to eat after they have that minty fresh breath’
If you have another ideas, let me know. I would to hear, just leave me a comment below.