As summer approaches, many of us put a lid on our weight loss goals for the summer and promise ourselves that we will deal with losing weight in the fall when things settle down! But guess what peeps, life is NEVER going to settle down. Something is going to happen, it always does. I mean 2020 was a prime example of that! So instead, just buckle down and find what works best for you and your life! And in this blog, I am going to tell you exactly how to do that! Because it is not hard to lose weight, you just have to work smarter!
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
Social media, TV, and ads thrown in your face all the time, it is no surprise that so many women are confused about what they should follow! There are so many “names” out there. Keto, Whole 30, Paleo, and the list goes on! So, what do you do when you are faced with TONSSSS of choices? Well first, what you should be doing is listening to your body because that is something we don’t do!
As a coach, I am different from others you may follow on social media because I want you to feel educated! It took me a bit to get to the point of realizing I am not getting the results because I was beating my body into submission, so I want to make sure others aren’t doing that. I want to be there to help you and say something doesn’t feel right there if something isn’t working! I am tired of women feeling broken by the system, and I want to make sure they have not broken again!!
So… how do you actually lose weight? At the end of the day, I don’t care what you called it or the program you did, you lost weight because you ate fewer calories! If you start with basic math, you will see the weight loss if you are eating fewer calories than your body needs!
Let’s start by figuring out how many calories do I need and creating a sustainable calorie deficit. (you can learn all about this on the REPS Episode…) In a nutshell, the REPS formula is as follows:
● Is it Realistic? Can you actually do it for your life?
● Are you Excited? Do you look forward to your workouts? Do you look forward to your meals?
● Can you Plan for it in your life?
● Is it Sustainable??
This is all about you and what YOU CAN DO!!!
Ok so back to how to lose the weight. Like I said, you have to consume fewer calories than you were prior, so you want to be in a caloric deficit. You need to figure out if you are over consuming calories! I don’t care what they are made of, but if you are over-consuming calories, you are not in a caloric deficit!!! So, the first thing I like to start with is to take your current body weight and multiple it by 12. We are going to use 170 as a weight, so multiply it by 12 and you have 2,040. This is the amount of calories you need for a baseline. So, you want to be at this or below.
The only way to find out how much you are consuming daily is to track your calories. The best app I think that I use is My Fitness Pal. It is easy to track your food and do what you need to do. Don’t worry, you don’t have to do this for the rest of your life. This is like a gas gauge! Just taking a barometer so you know what you are eating and where you are. How do you know if you need to make changes if you don’t know? So, this is just something you need to do for a few weeks to see where you are at! As a coach, I can’t help you with your weight loss goals if I don’t know what you are eating!
So, this is just a great way to piece together what is going on. (And please remember, there is no judgment here… and if your coach does judge you, then you need a new one!)
Ok, so here are the 3 steps you have to take to start losing weight the smart way!
Step 1, just focus on basic math! Bodyweight times 12 to see caloric intake. Look at this for 2 weeks to see where you are.
Step 2, do your best to hit those targets! After 2 weeks, let’s check-in.
● How are you doing?
● Are you hitting that number?
● Are you hungry?
● How is your energy?
● How are your cravings?
Check-in with all of that!! Here is an example:
“Never feel hungry,” Move that calorie number down.
“I am always hungry.” Let’s look under the hood and what exactly you are eating. Is it not sustaining you?
Then I can take it to the next level.
Are you eating enough protein? This is one of those big things that so many people don’t have enough of. (And it’s more than just having protein powder all day every day.) Ladies should be having 80 to 100 grams of protein a day for your food, and you can split it up between your day, or have it all in one sitting.
Protein is important because it is the only macronutrient that can help you build muscle. Us women need muscle because the more muscle we have on our body the more calories you will burn at rest! Focus on your body composition and you can do this with strength training!
Step 3, this is everything else.
● Where are the extras coming from?
● Are we seeing any changes in our body?
● Do we need to play around with good fats and vegetables?
You want to build a good foundation so that everything works as you go.
Alright, so what if you have done all of this and you hit a plateau? Ultimately, you will hit a plateau. Everyone does, especially for us ladies over 40. So where do you start when you hit it? There should be a process. So, if things aren’t working, I can see where the kinks in the chain are. How consistent have you been? (need at least 80% of the time consistency with your diet and working out.) What is your training looking like?
What does your food on your plate look like?
Nutrition is not about setting and forgetting. You need to tweak it along the way, usually every 4-6 weeks we are going to tune in and see what is going on! Are we ready to start to get a little bit more nuanced, because, you know, everyone wants to be advanced, but they don’t want to do the actual work to get you through those steps!!
Being able to easily say I did step 1 and I am ready to move onto step 2 is huge. Taking ownership of your progress is what this is all about. But having someone with you to guide you along the way when you need help or need some accountability. If you think about some kid riding a bike for the first time, you have someone holding on to the back of the bike to guide them along. Then…. they let go for a little bit just to see if you’re stable. If they see you are wobbly and unable to hold their balance, they’ll put their hand back. That’s what Fit Girl Magic Society is, especially when it comes to nutrition!!! It helps to point you in the right direction, so you don’t have to go back to square one and seek another diet or program.
You’re with a group of women who actually get it and you work with me!!! Then two times a month, we have a virtual call where you can ask me anything and the door is open for that! This is an amazing community of supportive women who want to be there for one another and uplift one another and walk along with one another on their journeys, and I love what we have built together, and I look forward to hopefully having the opportunity to work with you and help you reach those goals!
You can learn more about our programs with a free call with me to assess your goals!! Just head to this link below!
Fit Girl Magic Society waitlist https://kimbarnesjefferson.lpages.co/fgm-waitlist/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/