Are you someone who thinks that you have a great mindset, or you know it is an area that you need to improve on? But where do we start? It can be tough because some of us don’t even know what mindset means or how to work on it. You want to accomplish all of your goals, but you just don’t feel like you are ready when it comes to your mindset.
- Client Testimonial: How To Trust Your Journey| 131
- What Makes A Great Fitness Coach| 130
- Are You Ready To Stop Making These Nutrition Mistakes? |129
- The 10 Fitness Mistakes You are Making| 128
- Client Testimonial: I finally had a weight loss strategy|127
- It's possible to have balance in life| 126
- 6 keys to struggle free weight loss| 125
- How To Find Your Blind Spots |124
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
On this Fit Girl Magic podcast, I’m having my very FIRST GENTLEMAN I thought he was just perfect because he works strictly with women! So, he fits right into our Fit Girl Magic world!! Who is Matt Travis? Matt Travis is a Rapid Transformation Hypnotherapist and Healthy Habits Coach. He helps women & moms transform their self-confidence/love by shifting their subconscious mindset and health habits, to create sustainable results they can keep long term.
Matt works heavily in the subconscious mind with his clients. People will go to him with what they want. And say it is to lose (release) weight, he helps to shift their subconscious thinking of losing weight. Losing isn’t always good. So, he likes to phrase it as “releasing the weight”! This helps their subconscious identity and habits align with their goals. The biggest problem in our industry is to get results and not keep them, that is the biggest issue in our industry. How do we develop subconscious habits and work to have the subconscious identify and align with them so that they become sustainable long term?
One of the things Matt starts with all clients is getting clear.. And the best way to achieve clarity for anything in life is asking the right questions! Because a good quality question can pull out the right answer. This makes them think and formulate what they want, or what they want to say when answering your questions. It helps them to get specific and get clear on what this looks like, what this feels like? And what does life look like when you get to it?
Then, how does he get into their subconscious? How does he break through their armor they’ve told themselves for decades? And this is with 2 ways, consciously with Neuro- Linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques to break through their subconscious belief, then asking questions with this. And second, Rapid Transformation Therapy – Hypnotherapy. When he added this into how he works with people, it changed everything. The question he was always asking was “How do you get results, sustain them and keep them forever???”
This then takes them deeper into the meaning around why we do what we do. What are the meaning and rules around why you do things? Take moms for example, they forget that when they care for themselves first, that it creates a ripple effect for the child. But there is an emotional need that is met when they are of service to their kids, significant others. They get a need met by doing that. Unfortunately, sometimes it puts them on the back burner. So, the number 1 hypnotherapy session he does is around “enough-ness”.
Which then falls into 2 categories.
Enough-ness from the Self Worth. Enough-ness from Capability.
We have to move our attention. You are where your attention is. You can’t want what you are not thinking about. If you are not thinking about the thing then you can’t want it.
So, we have to move their attention and shift their focus. He does this by having them stick with 2-3 habits at a time. Because it ALWAYS comes back to sustainability. If we can sustain 2 new big things a month, then you’re going to have a massive shift that is going to last a lifetime. When we try to do more than that, it gets really tricky and really hard to sustain.
What are ways you work with your clients to pull them back and talk them into what resistance is and why slow is the new fast?
Resistance comes in a couple different forms. Physical resistance, injury, lack of preparation and resistance from our stories. The best way to remove resistance is to figure out how you are sold by the stories your mind tells you. But the biggest resistance to making a change is by not making a decision. This is the most common among his clients. So, get clear as well as what you are doing.
Some say their brain doesn’t do things or is not organized. “My brain doesn’t do that; I am not organized like that.” It’s just that you don’t do that YET. Your mind isn’t there YET. It’s not necessarily that you can’t get there and develop that subconscious habit, it’s just not there YET!
Let’s dive more deeply into NLP (Neuro- Linguistic Programming ). So, what is it anyways? Let’s take the example of setting a goal for the New Year. Some will set a goal and they have an environment they are trying to create. Next piece of the puzzle is the behavior. “What do I need to do?” After this some people get to the next level, which is thinking about skills and what they need help with to achieve this behavior and environment goal. These skills could be food prep, quality movement, or sleeping could be a skill. And once they have done this.. It usually stops after this.
Matt works with them to start thinking 4 layers deeper.
The first level involves Stories. What are the stories I need to have in order to achieve this goal? A story might be, “I am unstoppable, and I am able to prepare my food each and every day.” I enjoy eating healthy is a story.. What does your mind tell you every day? That is the story. You are not your thoughts; you are the thinker of your thoughts!!! Changing those stories is so you can start telling yourself different things to get better results!
Next is values and the values that someone has. “I value my health.” If you don’t know what you value, it is hard to figure out where we spend our time. How do you change your values? And you do this by just deciding to value something more. You just decide to value something more. It’s like putting your oxygen mask on first, kind of thing. And when you shift your values, new stories come up!
Then we have Belief. At a core level, what do you believe? Do you believe?? (this is where it gets real) There are many people out there that believe no matter what they do they will always go back to where they were from a weight perspective. This can be the subconscious belief or conscious belief. You don’t need to believe it at the very beginning. This is actually something that can build as you change your stories and change your values. Motivation actually happens after you get started if you didn’t notice in your own personal experiences. A lot of people think they have to be motivated to get started, but as you get moving you create habits and the #1 habit Matt teaches people is DO IT ANYWAYS HABIT! This is a massive game changer!
And last is our Habits. Habits are so tied to beliefs. If you don’t believe that you will be successful and get healthy and lose weight. Then you probably won’t. If you don’t believe you can achieve the goal, it’s already over. End game!! When this happens, you won’t create those habits you need to move forward.
“We don’t get what we want, we get our habits”. It’s about your habits and creating these little, small micro habits that will lead to bigger ones!
The last part of Logical levels and NLP is IDENTITY. This is everything, how you’re being. And most people try to do everything but at a deeper level how are you being..
Are you being committed?
Are you being responsible?
Are you being self-integral?
Are you being ready?
Are you being willing?
Are you being invested?
What are the ways right now you are being that are necessarily serving you!!?? Think about integrity. If we are not keeping promises to ourselves. How can you change that?
Being 100% responsible, being committed and being self-integral and when you shift those 3 it creates a complete ripple effect of your overall health and wellbeing.
The only thing not on the logical levels that Matt does that really helps people is just examining what your lowest standards are. We have standards in every area of our lives, our relationship, and our jobs. But we also have lowest standards in what we will put into our body.
It is really paying attention to what is your lowest standard? Is your lowest standard screwing you over? Because when you get your lowest standard to this point, and you get it to a point in which it allows you to maintain and sustain, or improve?
So… pay attention.. What do you allow in your life??? Do I allow people to treat me a certain way or allow my own thoughts to talk shit to me.?? Don’t allow this to happen, don’t allow outside influences to change what you do or what you want to do. It all starts WITHIN YOU!
And this.. THIS is all mindset!!
What makes you feel magical??
What makes me feel magical is 2 parts.
My ability to connect with women, I feel like being a male that can connect and NOT KNOW what they are going through, because I will never know, but I understand on many different levels, and I can relate and I can really align and be there to support.
I do it in a subconscious way. I can actually go in and do hypnotherapy that allows people to get free like that. Let 20-30-40 years of stuff you have been holding on, gone.
Blows my mind! But it just started to make me realize that I have another tool in my tool belt to create magical results for people and give them what they truly want.
Feel blessed to be able to work with so many amazing women in my program and communities and I just love my life, and this is what I am on the planet for. My Dharma and such grateful people let me do this every day.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kimbarnesjeffersoncoach
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
#foreverfatloss mini course https://kimbarnesjefferson.lpages.co/hlf_2021