What is radical responsibility?Â Does the sound of it make you cringe and not want to even go there?Â Are you thinking that itâ€™s not something you have to even need to think about, or it has nothing to do with? Butâ€¦ it really may.
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
If you are stuck in life and feel like everything happens to you and you do not know why or you are constantly blaming everyone else but yourself for what happens to you, then you should keep on reading!Â Are you actually embracing the responsibility or taking ownership for each and every circumstance that you face in your life, each and every day??Â Probably not, trust me when you make that mindset shift your life with dramatically change.
Today I was able to have my dear friend Andrea Johnson on the Fit Girl Magic podcast to talk with us about radical responsibility.Â She started as a client, became a dear friend and now we are collaborators!Â Andrea brought up Radical Responsibility recently on Instagram and the world literally stopped spinning for like 5 seconds and I said to myself I HAD TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH HER!Â ESPECIALLY with all of the shit going on in the world right now!Â Â With COVID-19, there are so many people that we can blame, but itâ€™s time we stood up and owned our own shit, responsibility and role!
Andrea is a marriage and family therapist and she knows all the things and has read all the things in the books, but she KNEW that she still had work to do within herself.Â In our life, the work is never done, it is a journey that we are on and the work is constant.Â We can literally know all the things, but if we donâ€™t even implement them, then they are not impacting our lives in a positive way.Â Â And that is what responsibility is, implementing what you are learning to go from a place of victimhood to a place where you own your own relationship with yourself, your life and the context of your world.
Taking responsibility is less work than not taking responsibilityâ€¦.
Read that a few times and think about itâ€¦ because itâ€™s the truth.
One of the biggest roadblocks to responsibility is not knowing the difference between blame and responsibility.Â You have to know how to differentiate the two and a lot of people are not comfortable with that.Â Â And thatâ€™s a BIG ONE.Â It is SOO easy to blame everyone but yourself.Â Hell, it is even easier to blame YOURSELF rather than take responsibility for it.Â And guess what, self-blame is just as toxic as blaming someone else people!
Blame will come first, but you need to cross over to responsibility, and that is where people get stuck.Â They cannot move past it and get stuck on blame, blame blame.Â One of the first steps you can take to help you move forward to taking responsibility is differentiating between content and context.Â Content is what is happening and what is going on. The facts of life!Â Context is how I see the content and the relationship with the content.Â Content, coronavirus is a pandemic.Â Context is how I am relating to that experience of the content. What is my process, my stories around it and HOW I am handling it?
When people donâ€™t know the difference it all becomes one and they feel like they donâ€™t have control over their own life.Â How are you seeing and relating to the content that is going on in your life and accepting that?Â So, you have to think about this and check on yourself as to where you are right now?Â And it starts with the question, â€œWHERE AM I?â€.
Picture a line and you are either above the line or below the line.Â Below the line, means you are reactive, rigid, righteous and you are angry.Â Â Above the line means you are open to your experience, you are present, you are not trying to force yourself into feeling a certain way, you are able to accept the experience and you are MINDFUL right now.Â Checking where you are is really important. Are you angry and pissed vs. open and accepting and present??Â When you name that feeling, you are accessing a different part of your brain that allows you to start to move past blame.
There is also SELF BLAME that you have to move past as well.Â Self-blame around your diet, around your exercise and you make the scale your worth and you make what you eat your worth as well.Â Â Check-in with where your thoughts are going. If you write down your thoughts after dark negative thoughts of self-worth, write them down, look at them, and ask yourself the question, â€œwhere am I with this?â€.Â And do the same as I talked about above, are you above or below the line?Â And if you are below the line, you have to ask yourself if you can accept who you are in life at that moment.Â Donâ€™t skip this part of acceptance.Â A lot of people skip over it but it is the building blocks towards acceptanceâ€¦ can I accept who I am right now?
The 4 Questionsâ€¦
Someone really amazing to look into is Byron Katie.Â She breaks acceptance down into four questions.Â These questions are intended to help you get over the bullshit and move you from suffering to freedom in 4 freaking questions!!Â (All you need to do is grab a book write down your thoughts and write down these 4 questions and answer them with YES OR NO.)
- Is it true?
- Can I know for certain that itâ€™s true?Â
- How do I react to the thought?Â
- Who would I be without the thought?
These questions allow you to deregulate your system so that you can move from below the line to above the line.Â Where are you and how are you feeling.Â When we donâ€™t feel, we bypass our feelingsâ€¦
The 4 x 4 technique…
There are tons of techniques that you can use to think better, to relate better to other people and have a better relationship with your intuition and your body, so that you can get present and get to know yourself and what is really happening.Â Breathwork and active breathing is a way to focus on your breathing so that your body can down-regulate and get out of that triggered place.Â
The 4 x 4 Breathing Technique is when you do 4 seconds of inhaling followed by 4 seconds of exhaling and this is done 4 times and drawing attention to the breath each time.Â It is super important to make sure you are sitting with those feelings as you breathe.Â Close your eyes and breathâ€¦.
Breathwork is so powerful and is an amazing tool to have in your toolbox when it comes to so many things.Â Check out Samantha Skelly who is just magical when it comes to breathing and breathwork if you want to learn more about it.
In order to be emotionally intelligent, you have to be emotionally illiterate.Â Some things to do to get there are:
- Name your feelings, not your thoughts!
- I feel that you are not doing what I need you to do, or I feel that this virus is completely taking over the world, I feel that I donâ€™t have the capability to change the way I eat. Those are JUST THOUGHTS!Â (THAT is a thought, not a feeling!)
- Know the difference between saying I feel that and WHAT I feel.
- Am I sad? Am I angry?Â Am I scared?Â Name that actually feeling because there is NO THAT in this sentence.
- How is this feeling manifesting inside of you? If you feel sad, where do you feel it in your body?Â What is it doing to your body?
If you can unpack these feelings inside of you like a Russian nesting doll, you will be able to truly get to the essence of the feeling.Â You have to have a process to unpack everything.Â You CANNOT make progress WITHOUT a process!Â And it will take time. This does not happen overnight; it cannot happen overnight.Â It will take time and patience.Â
You taking RESPONSIBILITY is empowering you to make a shift in your life and be responsible for your own healing!Â Â
You guys know TONY ROBBINS is my manâ€¦. And he always says, â€œIf you want a better life, you have to ask better questions.â€Â Guys, If I am constantly wondering why is this happening to me, everyone is after me, BUT I never say to myself, â€œWhat can I do to change it?, â€œWhat is this teaching me?â€, â€œWhat is the lesson in all of this?â€,Â and â€œWhat can I do about this?â€.Â Â To see a change, you must make a change!
You have to take action and start the process by pulling away from blame and moving to take responsibility and moving past that.Â But you have to simply start.Â What stops a lot of people from action is that it needs to be this big thing and you know what??Â ACTION ISNâ€™T BIG!! It is a series of small steps!Â Start where it seems easy.Â And be sure to give yourself grace along the way.Â Itâ€™s about grace and acceptance and doing what you can and knowing that it is enough.Â
THAT is radical responsibility. Accepting what it is and knowing you are doing your best.Â It’s a gentle process and it is owning your relationship with what is going on in the world around you.Â DO NOT feel like you need to jump straight into the deep end.Â I repeatâ€¦. Radical Responsibility is a gentle process and treat it as such!!
Alright, so like every podcast, I ask my guests what it is that makes them feel magical!!
â€œTaking responsibility and it really just is that. That empowers me, helps move me from that victim mindset to realizing that this world is a beautiful life and my relationships with others and myself is totally up to me. And that is priceless and magical.â€ -Andrea Johnson
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
book radical responsibility https://amzn.to/3epaIKZ
Daring greatly Brene Brown https://amzn.to/3c9YXGX
Samantha Skelly https://www.samanthaskelly.com/pausejourney