I wrote this call down on my board in 2019. I learned about breathwork and it was SO powerful! It is an amazing tool to help you relax, relieve stress and anxiety. Today I’m sharing with you an amazing guest speaker that is a breathwork diva.
- Client Testimonial: How To Trust Your Journey| 131
- What Makes A Great Fitness Coach| 130
- Are You Ready To Stop Making These Nutrition Mistakes? |129
- The 10 Fitness Mistakes You are Making| 128
- Client Testimonial: I finally had a weight loss strategy|127
- It's possible to have balance in life| 126
- 6 keys to struggle free weight loss| 125
- How To Find Your Blind Spots |124
- Client Testimonial -- How To Find Your Blind Spots |123
- Secrets To Crushing Your Weight Loss Goals| 122
- Is it Possible To Eat In Moderation| 121
- What Every Women Ought To Know About ANXIETY| 120
- Focus on Process Goals To Get What You Want
- 10 Days To Reboot and Refocus -- Creating a Wellness Vision
- What Makes A Great Workout For Women Over 40 | 119
- Client testimonial Staying Fit For Life| 118
- You can be stress free even if you are a stress ball|117
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
Breia White has been a dedicated practitioner of breathwork since 2013. Her fascination with breathing techniques first became apparent through her experiences with Kundalini Yoga. She was able to see how something as simple as a breath could quickly affect her mood, thoughts, and actions, and she began to incorporate breathing meditations into her routine as a method for increasing focus, creating a deep sense of mental clarity, and managing stress levels in high-pressure environments.
After receiving her certification in Kundalini Yoga, Breia wanted to expand her knowledge base of breath practices outside of Kundalini. Since then, Breia has attained her Level 4 certification of the Pranayama Two-Stage Breath technique as taught by David Elliott, a celebrated healer and leading force in the breath community.
Breia has traveled as far as the foothills of the Himalayas in India to work with masters and learn techniques for navigating life with more ease, grace, and love. She even spent time in Poland with world-renowned breath expert and Guinness World Record holder, Wim Hof; and is a part of the first official instructor class to teach the Wim Hof Method in the United States.
Her ultimate goal is to share all she has learned from her training and empower others to create more days of feeling healthy, happy, and strong. And you guys, she is so amazing at what she does. So, let’s jump right into what breathwork is all about
What is breathwork?
Breathwork is known as pranayama in the yoga world. It is the art of breath control. Prana means life force and energy. Yama means to stretch, expand, lengthen. And underneath this Pranayama umbrella are different breathing techniques to help with emotional clarity and emotional release. In yoga, there are different practices within it. And Breathwork falls into one of the different practices in yoga.
Breath directly affects your central nervous system. Through breathing, you are controlling how your nervous system reacts. The parasympathetic state is the rest and digest state. A sympathetic nervous state is where you are getting attacked by a bear, as in heightened emotions. So, what breathwork does is it allows us to tape into those systems. Breathwork can also increase your vascular plasticity, veins, and stuff in your body. Breathwork can work like a muscle and controls your nervous system and helps to work your nervous system like a lever, switching back into these symptoms to help control them.
Imagine we are walking around like an overinflated tire and at any moment we can just pop. We are on edge all the time, stressed, frustrated, not happy. But with breathwork, it helps to express that tire before you blow up. Take the pressure out of the tire by breathing and allowing your body to release those emotions and energy.
Now Breia had gone through some shit to get to where she is today in her breathwork journey. From injuries to leaving her career to not knowing what path she was supposed to follow in life. She ended up finding herself at a breathwork seminar. Not even an hour into learning about the Pranayama 2 Stage Breathwork and practicing it, she was stopped right in her tracks. This breathwork right there immensely changed the trajectory of what she was doing.
All the self-doubt, self-imposed limitations, insecurities just left and were no longer there. She found the oneness. She found a clear vision of who she was. She found true peace, like the peace you only read about.
She truly felt free for the first time. And where this has been her entire life.
After this she learned about Wim Hof and the method, he used for breathwork. This began her journey into the next part of her life. So, for those of you who don’t know him, Wim Hof is the master at what he does. He is serious in his belief that breathwork and cold can solve a whole host of ailments, mental and physical. And after working with him and doing what he teaches, you truly feel inspired by what he is doing to help people.
Wim Hof is able to have total control over his body. He is able to have control over his body and able to regulate his core temperature by developing a specific breathing system of breathwork. This system of breathing is one that is taught all around the world and really works! And Breia teaches this to her clients out in LA.
(Check at the bottom of the blog for all of this information and more!)
So what is it about breathwork that can help you get to that place?
The breath bypasses the mind. And that is why this is her number one go-to when she cannot get her mind to calm down. When the thoughts are taking over…. Use the breath as a tool to bypass it. And for those of you who struggle with meditation, this is why when you do the breathing, it is easier for you to get into meditation. When you do the breathwork and use the counting, you are basically giving your mind something to focus on instead of sitting in quiet and having your mind constantly wandering off.
If you want to give breathwork a try, head over to the podcast because we jumped into sample breathwork with Breia that was truly amazing! Like I felt soooooo freaking good afterwards! So, give it a try and let me know what you thought of it! (Below is what we did in the breathwork.)
1 round of the Wim Hof method
● 30 breaths. Inhale through the nose exhale through the mouth
● On the 30th breath take in a big inhale and exhale the breath out.
● Hold it out as long as you can
● As soon as you feel the need to take a breath, you take a big inhale in and hold that for 15 seconds
● 3 rounds of this is the best. Which would take around 10-15 minutes
Give this a try! Some of us are stressed to the max and it doesn’t have to be like this. Go find the practices that vibe with you because there isn’t just one way. Every effort counts no matter how small. Even if it’s just 5 minutes it counts.
Give breathwork a try and give us a shout-out! Tag Breia and me and let her know how it went! Instagram: @breathwithbreia Facebook: Breath With Breia
What makes you feel magical??
I have 2 magical powers. And the first one is I have got amazing people around me. My support is my magical power. My inner circle, my family, they are always striving to be the best possible versions of themselves, always seeking, learning, sharing their knowledge. They keep me in check and have my back. That’s invaluable.
The second one is this breathwork. This helps me lead my life with more grace, more ease, and more love. Full stop. We can make life so complicated, and it doesn’t need to be that way. And all I wish for is to love, be loved, and be at peace. And who I surround myself with those tools I use help me to achieve that. I am looking for powers that can keep me at peace no matter the circumstances. Love up on all people and receive that love in return.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
Wim Hoff Method https://amzn.to/33tWzIU
Cold therapy video
The Happy Life Blue Tub
Facebook: Breath With Breia
Wim Hof Method Fundamentals and Advanced workshop
Date: May 22 and 23rd
Location: VCF Athletics Van Nuys California
Sign up on the Wim Hof main site under instructor Chuck McGee III. We are cohosting the event.
WHM Fundamentals Link https://www.wimhofmethod.com/activities/whm-fundamentals-workshop-los-angeles-chuck-mcgee-iii/28760
WHM Fundamentals Workshop by Chuck McGee III at VCF Athletics, Hayvenhur…
Join Chuck McGee III for the WHM Fundamentals Workshop at VCF Athletics, Hayvenhurst Avenue, Van Nuys, CA, USA. …
WHM Advanced Link https://www.wimhofmethod.