There is no scientific evidence about what is the best time the exercise, what really comes into play is motivation’ When will you FEEL like exercise’
We all have different body clocks, some of us feel our most energy in the morning or in the late afternoon. Which is great, but with all of the other obligations — work, friends, family following your body clock may become a little difficult.
According to the American Council on Exercise, they find the people who exercise first thing in the morning tend to be more consistent with their exercise as its less likely to get squeezed out due to time constraints. I work out feel great because I have done something for myself and it’s not possible for anything to get in the way.
Now I hear what you are saying, setting the alarm for 5am stinks, but .. it’s WORTH IT!!! So, how do you do it.
- Set a bed time! Yes a bed time, you need to sleep and with the invention of Tivo, DVR there goes your excuse about missing your favorite TV shows.
- Relax a little before you go to bed, so that you can fall asleep — try reading or listening to relaxing music before you go to bed
- Lay out your clothes before you go to bed, so all you have to do it get dressed.
- I even had one client dress in her gym clothes
- Make a date with yourself and put your workouts in your calendar.
Be sure you have something in your stomach before you head off to gym. It doesn’t have to be a full Old Contry Buffet breakfast, but something small like a banana, piece of toast or a glass of juice.