Guysâ€¦ I L O V E when I resonate with someone.Â And when I do, I know deep down it is someone that I need to talk to and its someone that you guys need to know about!Â This is how I felt when I found Gabi Kahn on Instagram.Â She was saying things like SHE WAS IN MY HEAD; she was spewing the truth that I would say,Â and I just needed to know more about her.Â I know a bunch of you have daughters and they are at this age where they are starting to look different and identify with diets and identify with noticing size and clothing and YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT THIS!Â That’s why I got Gabi!
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
Gabi works with moms who are stuck in the diet cycle and helps them create a healthy relationship with food and their body so they can finally be free from the diets and protect their daughters from a lifetime of dieting and body dissatisfaction. Her inspiration for helping moms stems from her own childhood experience with viscous mother-daughter diet cycle. She intimately saw how the influence of diet culture within her family, and especially from a mother-daughter relationship, affects internal worth, food choices, body image and overall self-esteem. Gabi is on a mission to help momsâ€™ feel confident in their body at any shape and size, achieve food freedom and help protect their daughters from a life of dieting, body disapproval and disordered eating.
â€œLearn to love your body and protect your young daughters from a lifetime of harmful dieting.â€ – Gabi Kahn
BOOOMMMMMMâ€¦ Guys this is pure gold right here!Â There is so much on social media and in the media that itâ€™s much more different for girls these days than when we were younger.Â They see things more than ever before and feel more pressured to look a certain way.Â Yes,Â there were pressures when we were younger too, but also when we were younger it was normal to compliment someone on their body or talk about their body when they saw them (good or bad).Â Itâ€™s so important to be mindful of what we say, how you say it and what our daughters hear us say or see the actions we take as they are always watching!
For Gabi, her issues started at 10 when she was at a doctorâ€™s appointment and they had mentioned to her and her mother about her weight.Â Her Pediatrician called her out on gaining too much weight and basically instilled fear to get her to lose the weight.. She feared about how to change her body.Â And this is something that has been passed down for generations in her family, like most of you.Â
Many of us saw our parents and grandparents struggle with some form of weight insecurities and we saw the idea that when I grow up, I am always going to be on a diet. We instill this idea that as you get older your destiny is your diet and you are unhappy with your body and you constantly have to fix it. Not that you are going to be a lawyer or have a great career separate from your diet and your unhappy relationship with food in their body.Â THERE IS SO MUCH MORE to life than obsessing over every inch of your body and obsessing over every food you eat!Â And we H A V EÂ T O make sure that our daughters know this.
The day she knew she had to changeâ€¦. Gabi has a younger sister who is about 11.5 years younger than her and saw both her and her mom struggle with weight and their bodies.Â She saw how they looked at themselves in the mirror and how they spoke to themselves.Â The day Gabi saw her 4-year-old sister look in the mirror and grab her stomach and say that she is fatâ€¦ Gabiâ€™s world stopped and couldnâ€™t believe what she was hearing.Â
As a teenager, she knew she was being this unhealthy example for her little sister, and she knew that THIS WAS the vicious mother-daughter diet cycle.Â And she was going to make sure it ended with her.Â Gabi did not want her sister to suffer and go through what she had, and she knew that she had to make this change not only for herself but to protect her little sister.Â
Many times, we don’t see this. We don’t expect our kids to pick up our bad behavior.
A lot of times we don’t see our child looking in the bathroom and see us on the scale in all of our emotions.
WE CANNOT let them suffer this way and let them be unhappy with food in their body!
We cannot let our kids see us revolve our entire lives negatively around food and NOT experiencing family memories because food is an issue.Â If you DENY yourself that cake on your childâ€™s birthday, you are denying them the opportunity to have beautiful memories. You take away those memories, you take away those beautiful memories for THEM!Â You are denying these memories and beautiful experiences that come from enjoying food together!Â Â L I V EÂ I N T H EÂ M O M E N T with our kids, enjoy the food and not experience the guilt that you associated with it.Â
How do I start to make some changes that can show my kids that I am starting to improve my relationship with myself and my food??
There is no mom manual, we have no clue what we are doing and most of all we learn from our own parents.Â So, first off, donâ€™t blame yourself and donâ€™t let yourself feel guilty. This is the time where you take action and change your behaviors now, so start with your language.Â Do you notice good vs bad when it comes to food?Â Â When you are speaking out loud or even to yourself, change your mindset from I’m bad for having a sandwich to, I’m really craving a sandwich right now it’s going to nourish me and it sounds filling!
Look at your language while you get ready and while you are in the mirror and STOP grabbing your stomach and hiding in the closet! Get clothes that feel good on your body now, so you aren’t stressed about putting clothes on that aren’t fitting. Take action and say things you are grateful for and what you appreciate about your body instead!Â It’s about making these small changes in our actions, our language and behaviors that really add up in the end and help ourselves but also protect our children.
What about families with multiple kids and one child has weight issues and the other doesn’t?
We CANNOT control the shape of the body our child is in. It is all due to genetics.Â And some of you may have a child in a small body and one in a large!Â The best thing to do is to not comment on it, not shame your child for it and not feed them differently for the child in their smaller body.Â Just think about, â€œHow can I nourish this child, how can I take care of this child the same way I take care of my other child?â€Â
These are the things that are out of our control. Gabiâ€™s number one goal when she works with clients who have kids in different size bodies, is â€œHow can we treat both kids equally and show them that both of them in their body sizes are appreciated, loved and should be nourished the same way.â€Â
Do things as a family.Â If you want to make a change, everyone should do it!Â Are they healthy changes? Are they a diet trend or is it a way to add more ingredients to your plate and more food groups?Â Make sure the goals in your family are aligned with your health goals and what you want for all family members at the end and not a diet plan or fad diet.
Now, if you are trying to improve the relationship with food and your body, then communicate it with your family! Let your family know this journey you are embarking on because you are trying to improve the relationship with food and your body. And these are the changes I want to make as a family to better help yourself and better help us as a whole!Â Get everyone involved so itâ€™s not mom controlling everything that is going on.Â Let them have a part in it as well.Â If we want to eat healthier, you have to define this for your family.Â What does it mean to you?Â Maybe adding more nutrients to your plates or not going on a diet?Â
Guys, healthy eating isn’t getting rid of food groups!! Getting rid of food groups is UNHEALTHY!Â Healthy eating is adding more food groups to your plate!Â Ask yourself daily, how can I add more nutrients to fuel my body to get a really good source of energy?Â Look at the big picture, what is actually going on, the bigger picture past the food you just ate.
What if my daughter comes to me and says, â€œMommy I am fat, or mommy I think I need to go on a diet.â€?Â How do we handle those scenarios??
Start with COMMUNICATION.Â Â Open-ended questions are key here.Â What does fat mean to you? Why are you labelling yourself with these words? What do you think dieting is going to do for you? How did we come up with the idea of dieting?Â It is really important to understand where all this stems from before we go giving advice because it could have been something like, â€œI was bullied at school, and somebody called me fat and said, I need to diet.â€ It also could have been,Â â€œI overheard something at my friend’s house, the mom was saying something about weight.â€Â Ask. Better. Questions.Â
And when it comes to someone else approaching you or your child about your weight, donâ€™t take it to heart.Â This person could just be projecting their insecurities outward on to other people to make them feel better about him or her. Sometimes the people who make negative comments about our bodies are the most insecure with themselves and it is so important to remember that! And instead of feeling hurt, feel sorry for them that they feel so bad about their bodies they have to make negative comments about my bodyâ€¦
How can we have those conversations about food choices with our kids??Â
Guys let’s model the changes itself!! If we want our kids to be more active, can we schedule a walk or hike altogether?Â Or how can you create meals for the family that has added vegetables for everyone to eat?Â It really starts with making the changes as a whole.Â And don’t make the person feel bad or feel that they are being pointed out because we never want to call out this person!Â Instead, make changes for the family that will help promote this really healthy lifestyle. Change your habits AS A FAMILY!
Do I have a conversation with my daughter? To see if its nutrition or about her weight?
When it comes to this, the best thing is to let them come to us.Â Do not attempt to have a conversation unless she comes to you to talk to you about her body. If you feel any kind of way about your daughter’s body sizeâ€¦Â dig into yourself and wonder why these feeling are coming up for me?Â We make these comments out of love and protection out of love for us. And yes, we may get them from a place of love, but letâ€™s dig deeper and see what is going on with us and preconceived notions about people being a large body size!Â
We want our kids to come to us to talk about it. But you have to remember that some kids may just be in a larger body and itâ€™s out of our control and where their body is supposed to be!Â Â So, at the end of the day, itâ€™s about making healthy changes for our family to make our over health better!!
Health is your physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing and your emotional well-being and it encompasses more than weight loss and â€œclean eatingâ€.Â There is so much more to health!! And itâ€™s really all about finding that beautiful balance that doesn’t cause you to stress!!! You can have those fun foods, and donâ€™t restrict them because that is when you binge.Â And we want to avoid this.Â So, giving yourself those treats here and there will be better than total restriction in the long run.Â
At the and of the day, the main goal is how can I communicate with my family to make these healthy changes together?Â Show the kids there is balance and that balance is ok!Â Itâ€™s not one size fits all, there is a way to find balance and have fun with it too!
What makes you feel magical?
What makes me feel really magical is seeing people change. And seeing people go from this can never happen to me, I’m stuck here forever because my mom was this way, my grandma was this way, to then being like, I am free, like capital letters, F R E E, I’m free. I’m at peace with myself, I’m at peace with my body. I’m hanging out with my child more without thinking about food 24/7. And I know I’m protecting my child. And when I say that now, I get the chills. Because a lot of people think that this can’t be their reality. But when you get to be on the outside watching this happen, it’s like the most beautiful transformation you could watch. And it’s just, it’s really amazing to me.
Lean and Sexy Over 40 is now open https://kimbarnesjefferson.lpages.co/leanandsexyjanuary
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FabFitSquad
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitgirlmagic/
Facebook: Methodd Nutrition
You can apply to work together in my 1:1 concierge Ditch the Diet program via the services page on my website