Apple cider vinegar has been used in many ways for many years.Â It has been an important ingredient in numerous home remedies, and it has frequently been used for weight loss.Â This simple, inexpensive substance has seemingly endless uses.Â Here are some of them:
- For a cold or the flu, take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water several times a day.Â This will help balance the body’s pH, making it a less favorable environment for the germs.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for getting rid of dandruff.Â Applying it to the scalp and letting it stand for 30 minutes to an hour before washing will kill the fungus that causes dandruff.Â It also helps soothe an itchy scalp.
- Diabetics can benefit from taking apple cider vinegar in water once a day.Â This has been proven to help lower blood sugar.
- Apple cider vinegar is often used to relieve sinus problems and ear infections.Â Depending on your symptoms, you can drink it, add it to a vaporizer, inhale it, or squirt it in your ear with a syringe and let it drain back out.
- Digestive problems and diarrhea can be relieved with an apple cider vinegar tonic.Â The vinegar soaks up liquid and forms a protective coating in the intestines, and it activates stomach acid and enzymes.Â It may also relieve the symptoms of acid reflux.
- Apple cider vinegar can soothe a sunburn.Â You can soak a towel in it at full strength and place it directly on the burn, or you can take a bath in water with one cup of the vinegar added.
* Painful and unsightly varicose veins can benefit from treatment with apple cider vinegar.Â Apply it full strength twice a day, and drink two teaspoons in water twice a day.Â It may take a month to see results.
* Apple cider vinegar is good for a sore throat.Â Gargling with a vinegar and water mixture every hour can help you feel better faster.Â But it is important to remember not to swallow the mixture once you’ve gargled with it, because it draws out germs.
* Muscle soreness can be treated with apple cider vinegar.Â It can be applied full strength with a small amount of cayenne pepper added, or you can soak in a bath with a few cups of vinegar added.
These are just a few of the myriad ways that we can use apple cider vinegar for health.Â Drinking a vinegar tonic each day can improve our health in a number of ways.Â We can also apply it topically to rid ourselves of many more aliments.Â Stocking up on apple cider vinegar will put the remedy for a variety of problems right at your fingertips.