Sustainable weight loss… How do I get there? How can I find something that helps me create a weight loss process in my life and fits into my lifestyle? This is a concept that helps to stop me from chasing my tail all the time. It has helped my clients to zero in on creating processes for themselves instead of being a follower! And this concept is called BIG ROCKS!
- Strategy: The Secret To Weight Loss| 116
- The Secret To Finding Your Happiness| 115
- Client Testimonial: Even Coaches Need A Coach|114
- Are You Ready To Improve Your Sex Life | 113
- Accountability Is The Key To Weight Loss Success|112
- Tips About AGING PARENTS You Need To Know| 111
- Client testimonial: Are you ready to have more energy? |110
- Are You Ready To Become Consistent With Your Health| 109
- Are You Ready To Dominate Your Weight Loss Fundamentals| 108
- Changing Your Mindset Can Help You Easily Lose Weight|107
- Setting boundaries is the key to finding balance| 106
- Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Struggling Marriage| 105
- are you ready to focus on your weight loss| 104
- Here's What To Do To Build Confidence, Faith and Belief|103
- Why You Need To Practice Patience To Achieve Your Goals|102
- If You Hate Cooking Its Time To Start Creating Automatic Meals|101
- There Will Always Be Challenges To Overcome| 100
- Are You Ready To Get Out Of Your Own Way| 99
- Start Losing Weight Taking These 2 Steps|98
- Here is What You Should Do For Injury Prevention |97
- You're About To Discover The Keys to Sustainable Weight Loss|96
- Breathwork It's Easy If You Do Just Start | 95
- Are You Ready To Bust Your Weight Loss Plateau? |94
- The Secrets Your Fitness Personality Reveal About How To Lose Weight |93
- There are 5 stages to change your unhealthy behaviors| 92
- Weight Loss Principles Are Easy If You Just Do It Smart|91
- To Women Over 40 Who Want To Beat Life Challenges But Can't Get Started |90
- What Every Women Needs to Know About Toxic Relationships|89
- Who Else Wants To Be Consistent With Their Health? |88
- How a 40 something quickly and easily loses weight| 87
- How do You Shift Your Hardcore Fitness Identity| 86
- How Your Mindset Improves Your Body|85
- Your Key To Fitness Success: Movement| 84
- are your healthy living rules are affecting your progress| 83
- Are You Ready For A Mindset Overhaul?| 82
- Yes You Can Learn To Eat Intuitively | 81
- How to Really Start To Use Accountability For Your Health|80
- The Secrets To Tracking Your Food | 79
- Who Else Wants To Be Successful With TALKING TO Their DAUGHTER about dieting | 78
- To Women Who Want To Lose Weight But Canâ€™t' Get Started| 76
- Who else wants to balance their hormones naturally | 76
- What's One Thing I Wish I Knew When I Started Working Out |75
- Boost Your Habits With These Tips
- Do You Want To Eat A More Plant Based Diet| 74
- Are You Ready To Reset Your Wellness | 72
- Are you tired of overeating? Do You want to find food freedom? | 72
- Don't Just Sit There Start using these 4 Pillars Of Weight Loss|70
- How To Do Self Care And Not Feel Guilty| 70
- Strength Training Myths Women Over 40 Need To Stop Believing| 69
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Pelvic Floor? | 68
- Here's What Every 40-Something Needs To Know About Strength Training| 67
- The Secret To Overcoming Adversity| 66
- Crush Your Cravings
- How To Create A Healthy Routine In A New Normal | 64
- Who Else Wants To Know The Mystery Behind Self Trust| 63
- Ways to change your behavior that virtually no one knows about|62
- Alcohol and Weight Loss How To Keep It Simple |61
- Healing Your Relationship With Food | 60
- Can you jumpstart your metabolism| 59
- Quick and Easy Ways To Beat Burnout | 58
- Why Your Really Need Courage | 57
- The Power Of A Daily Routine| 56
- You Are Your Habits | 55
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels And Start Practicing Patience|54
- The Secrets To Living A Lean Life | 53
- Adults Friends Made Easy What You Need To Know| 51
- What Does Taking Radical Responsibility Really Mean| 51
- Are You Ready to Get and Keep Your Fitness Motivation?|50
- Are You Ready To Break Up With Overtraining? |49
- Apply These Techniques To Increase Your Hydration | 48
- You Are Divorced Now What | 47
- Are You Ready To Have A Good Night Sleep | 45
- What The Heck Are Essential Oils|44
- The Best Ways to Streamline Your Nutrition |42
- 10 Habits Holding You Back From Success| 42
- What You Need to Know About Meal Prep| 46
- What You Need To Know About Self Discipline |41
- Don't Be Fooled You Do Need An Estate Plan | 40
- What You Really Need To Know About Self-Care | 39
- Is it time to question your relationship with alcohol | 38
- how to easily get your act together and be healthy|37
- How To Dethrone Your Inner Mean Girl | 36
- How It's Possible To Be Healthier In 90 Days |35
- Why REPS Is The Only Skill You Really Need| 34
- Want A Healthier Life? Focus On Mindset | 33
- How To Break Up With Body and Food Obsession | 32
- How To Explore Spirituality |31
- 9 Reasons Why You Are Stuck and WhatÂ ToÂ Do About It| 30
- Are You Ready To Stop Dating Mr. Wrong | 29
- Apply These Tips To Master Your Nutrition | 28
- The Power Of Quality Movement | 27
- 4 Alternatives To Dieting |26
- How To Own Your Body and Your Style | 25
- Are You Ready For Life To Feel Effortless | 24
- Creating A Wellness Vision That Gets Results | 23
- How To Start Keeping It Real | 22
- The Ugly Truth About The Pill | 21
- Easy Ways to CRUSH the Year End Slump| 20
- How To Follow Your Travel Dreams
- Secrets To Beginning Exercise Quickly And Efficiently | 18
- Who Else Wants To Figure Out Menopause | 16
- Now You Can Discover Secret Ways To Stop Stressing That You Won't Hear Anywhere Else | 15
- To Women Who Want To Learn Healthy Discipline | 14
- A New Way To Create Success | 13
- Want Big Results Build Small Healthy Habits | 12
- 7 Steps To Getting Healthy And Staying On Track
- Food Has No Control Over You | 10
- Are You Ready To Pay Off Debt Without Struggling?
- To Women Who Want To Live More Mindfully, But Can't Get Started | 8
- What Every Momma Needs To Know About Being An Empty Nester | 7
- The Secret To Effortless Weightloss Revealed | 6
- To Women Who Are Too Busy To Get Healthy | 5
- What Every Women Ought To Know About Moderation | 4
- Discover The Secrets To Healing Metabolic Damage with Natalie Newhart |3
- Easiest Way To Create Lasting Habits | 2
- What is Fit Girl Magic
- Being a Healthy 40 Something Today with Esther Blum|1
- LIve Coaching Call: Food Teleconference
- Fabulous Fit Squad Book Review -- Why Diets Are Failing Us
- 50 Ways to Soothe Without Food
- Little Book Of Thin -- Fabulous Fit Squad
- Can I Be A Yummy Mummy?
- Hungry For Change
- Fabulous Fit Squad -- Cavewomen Don't Get Fat
- Book Review: Crazy Sexy Diet
BIG ROCKS will be different for everyone. But what it comes down to is focusing on the BIG movers in your life or day to day life instead of all these little, small outlying things. So, my goal is to get the BIG ROCKS done first. (Not the minor more complex things that would come at a later time.) The goal of big rocks is to create this repeatable process that we can continue to rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat! We do it day in and day out so that it becomes second nature to us and we just DO IT!
Our BIG ROCKS are our non-negotiables. These are things that I have to do day in and day out and I do them without even thinking. They are there to help me stay on track and stay healthy without even thinking about that! The PEBBLES are your small rocks. These are things that you could do but are not crucial to your success. They are nice to have but they are just the whip cream nuts and cherry on a sundae! The SAND is everyday tasks of life, like being on time for carpool, or getting dressed, or going grocery shopping. That is the sand. The smallest things.
And this my friends is the jar of life. The big rocks take up most of the space. The pebbles come in next. Then the sand fills in the gaps. As we take this analogy into our life, everyone’s jar is going to be different for each person. When it comes to weight loss, I tend to see my clients focusing on sand and pebble stuff, but these aren’t the big dial movers! Are they going to help you crush it? Are they the things that will move you along and show you results? Your actions don’t need to be fancy, but they are moving the dial for you?
I want to focus on putting in my big rocks to fill up my jar. You want to lose weight efficiently, so how do you add the big rocks efficiently? The big rocks help keep the main thing the main thing. So here are the 6 big rock, big topic areas, that if you focus your energies into these 6 areas, this is where you are going to get the most bang for your buck!
● Self care
Where are you if you had to choose 3 of those things, what would they be? They go on your calendar, and you don’t break them! You make these into a non-negotiable appointment!
Sleep is one of those things that if you don’t have enough sleep, your body is going to be hitting low battery mode. And when that happens, we start craving sugar, carbs and caffeine because we didn’t get enough sleep! This is going to be your cheapest and easiest way to lose weight. Try sleeping at least 7 hours a night. And if this is hard for you, look into what your bedtime ritual is. Does this set you up for bed? I did a whole sleep podcast (one of my top 10) so go check it out if you need some extra help with this or if you struggle with sleeping.
If you can manage your sleep and your stress, booommm. You are golden!! You will be fantastic here. Yes we live in a very stressful time right now. I totally get that and understand. But I am going to have you stop and ask yourself what is in your life that is causing you stress and anxiety? Start to identify what it is before anything. Give it a name. Our stress for the most part comes down to our thoughts. So, stop talking bad about yourself, stop telling yourself you can’t do something. I work on breathing (breathwork podcast link)to help with stress for me and it has helped tremendously. (I just did a podcast on this as well last week, so head and check it out!) Find something that helps you with stress management and start it.
Many people say this is harder than exercise for them. I am all about nutrition and thinking about if you can eat better? Can you be better about the choices that you make? Instead of thinking about the things that you think you need to pull out of your diet. Start to think about what you need to ADD to your diet. Two places where I see glaring are fruits and vegetables and proteins. I always challenge people to add in these things. When I focus on those 2 things, it doesn’t leave more room for the junk food. Try it and see. You will have less cravings!
This is a process. Can you move your body for 30 minutes a day? We burn far more calories doing natural movement throughout the day moving around. So, make sure you are actually moving your body. Because we don’t move like we used to 50-100 years ago. We are more sedentary now, so we have to be conscious about moving our bodies. How can we add basic movement into our life or a structured exercise routine? And please remember, this doesn’t have to be 2 hours in the gym. 30 minutes is ok, just get your body moving!
Can I see myself crossing the finish line? Think about who has the lifestyle you want to embody. I have to see myself being successful to cross the finish line to have that motivation. Your motivation is your why and your why has to be so compelling that no matter what, you can always ask yourself if it’s getting you to where you want to go.
Even when you have a bad day, you have to give yourself pep talks. My why is always shifting as I move through life. So always remember where you are in life at that moment. And remember, It’s about the small victories. Give yourself permission to go for it and give yourself permission to celebrate those small victories. And don’t forget that your willpower is like a battery… You have to keep it charged and that is by the right mindset. Think about it, can I change my mindset to keep that battery going? To keep me going to get to my goals.
Self care can be done every day. It’s not massages and manis. Self care for me is my morning routine. My self care is my workout or going for a walk. My breathwork is my self care. Watching inspirational YouTube videos is my self care. Coloring is my self care. Because ALLLLL of this helps me to feel good! And when I feel good, I want to do things, and when I do things I make progress!
Alright, so out of those 6 things, what is easy for you to do right now? Then schedule them on your calendar. Because you are going to treat them like an appointment. Once you have picked your 3 things, you can work on your pebbles, or you can stick to the rocks. But once your routines are more ingrained, then you can add to it. Just remember that you have to be so used to this that it’s natural before you can add stuff!!
Send me a DM or tag me on socials about your 3 rocks you are going to start working on!! Which ones are they for you!?